Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- As the Canadiens continue to struggle offensively, can they still beat Tampa? [TSN]
- Speaking of offense, the Canadiens' low output is explained by our absurdly low shooting percentage. In fact, "the Canadiens have scored on just 2.69% of their shots on goal". [EOTP]
- 'Price has become the backbone of the Canadiens' - I would argue Carey Price is not only the backbone, but the entire skeleton that the bodily system of the team is structured on, but yes, sounds right. [Sportsnet]
- Michel Therrien thinks that the GWG was offside. [The Score]
Offside on the gwg? pic.twitter.com/V9Suk8gALO— Stroumboulopoulos (@strombo) May 2, 2015
Alex Galchenyuk took three minor penalties and was demoted to fourth line for Game 1. However, Michel Therrien insists that he still has faith in him. "In Alex’s case, he’s very, very young. You can’t forget that." [Canadiens]
- In fact, Galchenyuk's reaction can only be described as "stoic". Aww jeez, guys, damn my human empathy for making me feel bad about millionaire athletes. [Montreal Gazette]
For his part, the young Galchenyuk looked like he wanted to be anywhere else Saturday. But, instead, he stood there, trying to put a positive spin on things as he felt the effect of Montreal’s unrelenting media pressure.
This would be hard for even the Canadiens most experienced players, let alone a 21-year-old who looks furious with himself.
- Looking real tired with everyone's questions here: