- Well folks, just two games left and your Montreal Canadiens are playing for first place in the Atlantic Division.
- Tonight's tilt with the Red Wings could prove to be a playoff primer, with the Red Wings still in the hunt for the clinch.
- 40 seconds in and Montreal has iced it twice.
- Mitchell set up Flynn point blank in the blue paint. No dice.
- Habs playoff success will depend on depth scoring.
- Someone remind Smith-Pelly & Parenteau that means them.
- We all know Lars Eller got the memo.
- Desharnais gets 2 for hugging.
- Habs with a ton of pressure after killing off the minor but...
- Tatar makes it 1-0 with a quick wrist shot.
- Desharnais catches a breakaway but DeKeyser sneaks off the bench to pressure him.
- Pateryn is an NHLer.
- Who do you prefer in the lineup: Pateryn or Emelin?
- P.K. Subban... Andrei Markov... GOAL!
- Habs tie it and Markov nets his 10th of the season.
- Not bad for a 36-year-old on one knee, eh?
- Canadiens with all kinds of pressure again.
- Galchenyuk's shot wide... I can't wait until he's a full time C.
- Smith-Pelly tries to go between the legs three feet from the blueline? Therrien's going to love that.
- Mitchell sets up Flynn AGAIN. No dice.
- Third time's a charm?
- Flynn wasn't getting it done, so Petry took over. 2-1 Habs!
- Have to think Bergevin tries to re-sign the guy.
- Datsyuk whistles one through Price. Tie game.
- Prust gets called for hugging.
- I'm convinced the Wings keep Sheahan around because his name sounds like Shanahan.
- When was the last time the Habs and Red Wings faced off in the playoffs?
- I'd love to see it...
- Habs PowerKill™ early on here. Montreal needs to score.
- Can Darren Helm teach our players how to skate?
- 3-2 Red Wings, shorthanded.
- If Montreal loses, does Carey Price play vs. Toronto on Saturday?
- Have to think it's Carey's call.
- How much does the record of most wins by a Canadiens goaltender mean to him?
- Desharnais with a partial breakaway, draws a penalty without getting a shot off.
- Montreal needs to tie here. For Price.
- Ottawa defeats the Rangers 3-0. The East is a crap shoot.
- If only the Canadiens were more than a perimeter team on the PP.
- Defensemen Brendan Smith redirects the puck while sitting on the BENCH!
- That's a 2-minute penalty, folks. 5-on-3 Habs.
- You don't see that very often.
- Sportsnet's Jason York calls it a "brain fart." Hard to argue.
- Refs initially send Smith to the box, but he wasn't on the ice. Sheahan serves it.
- Subban loses the puck on the line, then mishandles it on the re-entry.
- DOESN'T MATTER. HAD PLEKS.
- Tie game: 3-3.
- Habs powerplay continues. Thank Smith.
- Smith-Pelly to the box. So much for that.
- Eller trips, quite literally, over the blueline on what would have been a sure shorthanded breakaway. smh
- Scoreboard watching continues: Tampa wins their game tonight.
- Is it just me, or do the Habs and Lightning seem destined for a post-season reunion?
- Overtime. Both teams get a point, which means the chances of these clubs facing off in Round one just took a nose dive.
- Gallagher makes every shot count.
- Remember that memo I was talking about?
- Lars Eller with his seventh game winning goal of the year. Money.
- And with that folks, Carey Price rewrites the Habs record books.
- Look for Tokarski in goal vs. Toronto on Saturday.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Lest we forget:
2. Bergevin for pope: