- The Canadiens are being extremely cautious when it comes to Max Pacioretty. [Twitter]
Details that I have tonight concerning Max Pacioretty status. 1-the team doesn't want to take any chance and that's why he's resting.— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva) April 8, 2015
2-it's possible that Max Pacioretty will skate in the next few days. No date yet, but it's a possibility.— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva) April 8, 2015
- While Max Pacioretty will not return to play out the regular season, Habs' fans can be cautiously optimistic about their star sniper suiting up for the playoffs. [NHL]
"But don't make the mistake of tossing him aside. There's a possibility he plays next week."
- While no new details have been revealed about Max Pacioretty's injury, that injury could very well be a concussion. [La Presse] (French)
- Dale Weise is a deserving winner of the Jacques Beauchamp award. The man affectionately known as Dutch Gretzky, has set career highs in goals, assists and points this year with the Canadiens. [Sportsnet]
- Good news, the Canadiens will have Ginette Reno singing the national anthems throughout the playoffs! [Le Journal de Quebec] (French)
- Canadiens' prospect Tim Bozon has been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs. This is an incredible accomplishment for a player who successfully battled back against bacterial meningitis, a disease which less than a year ago required him to be put in a medically induced coma. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Hamilton Bulldogs' rookie Charles Hudon has been named to the AHL's All-Rookie team. The Canadiens' fifth round pick in the 2012 entry draft, has put up 55 points in 71 games. [The AHL]
- PK Subban has his sights set on ending the regular season on a high note and he will be depended upon to rise to the occasion in the playoffs. Michel Therrien has faith in his star defenseman. [Radio-Canada] (French)
"En deuxième moitié de saison, tu veux toujours t'assurer d'élever ton niveau de jeu, explique l'entraîneur-chef. C'est ce que P.K. a prouvé par le passé. Quand l'enjeu est important, il est toujours là."
- How will the Habs survive without Max Pacioretty? Listen to the newest episode of Ice Level to find out! [EOTP]
Around The League and Elsewhere
- Canadian NHL teams have been an unexpected surprise this season. While Edmonton and Toronto rank among the worst teams in the league, the Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets and Calgary Flames have kept their fans thoroughly entertained. Also, this article had a pretty apt description of Carey Price. [National Post]
"Montreal is about what was expected: good enough to beat anyone, but heavily reliant on the fact that goaltender Carey Price is possibly a Jedi."
- The New York Rangers may have won the Presidents' Trophy but only 8 of the previous 28 winners have actually gone on to win the Stanley Cup. [TSN]
- Check out some highly entertaining draft lottery scenarios! Personally, I would like to see the San Jose Sharks end up with Connor McDavid. [Sportsnet]
- Who will the St.Louis Blues start in net heading into the playoffs? The offence heavy Blues will have to make a difficult choice between starting veteran Brian Elliott or youngster Jake Allen. [Puck Daddy]
- The Edmonton Oilers possess a rather poor defense. However, Oilers' GM Craig MacTavish, may have turned a bad situation worse. [OilersNation]
- Watch as players in the NHL pick the one famous person they would like to meet. [NHL]