By the time I realized that a) I was doing the Top Six tonight and b) that it's a Devil's game, it was too late to run out and grab five or six Red Bulls. Hope we all stay awake for this one.
No Price, no Markov, no problem? I really hope the guys put a bazillion goals in net tonight in support of Dustin Tokarski. The boys lost last night, a heartbreaker in overtime, but the good news is, so did Tampa. Still a point ahead of the Lightning with a game in hand, and winning the division still in sight. One thing we know for sure: Mike Cammalleri will score.
They just ran the "No Red Bull, no wings" spot. Thanks for the reminder. Let's settle in.
- I know where the people in Newark are: not at this game, that's where.
- Five minutes in, shots are 3-0 for the Devils. I just sent my son to make me a double espresso.
- Galharteau. Desrentyuk. I'm thinking of line nicknames.
- We have a shot on goal. I repeat, we have a shot on goal.
- And a shot in goal. Devils open the scoring. Cammalleri is already a +1.
At least it wasn't Gomez.— Marc Dumont (@Dr_Habs) April 3, 2015
- I was just about to ask who this Matteau guy is. Hasn't scored in over a year. That was nice of the Habs.
- Oh my god thank god we get a powerplay.
- Aaaaaaand it's in. Pleks with the assist by Gonchar!
- Jeff "I'm-on-red-hot-goddamned-fire" Petry makes it 2-1. Everybody Salsa!
- All right all right all right what's up everybody? Slow start, good finish to that period.
- Tokarski came out of his net to make a save that doesn't rebound.
- Habs blocking a lot of shots.
- Both of the above make me all ... never mind. Devils tie it.
- Kincaid looks about 7'6" compared to Tokarski, doncha think?
- Adam Larsson commits one of the most egregious penalties at least in April. Still swearing on his way to the box. OK.
- Has anyone else noticed that the dump and chase has been largely abandoned as of late?
- Powerplay over. Exciting! Liked it a lot. But bupkes.
- That own-goal would have been awesome.
- Penalty on Galchenyuk and no one appears to have any idea as to why. Including him. And you. And me.
- As long as Gomez doesn't score.
- Tokarski tracking the puck and making a nice save. Just get through this one, Dustin.
- Imaginary penalty has been served.
- Gomez is some kind of dummy. Cheap shot with the elbow. That's Emelin's face, you jerk. This is the danger when playing teams who have nothing to lose.
- Blood? Double minor?
- Liked Parenteau going in to f*** s*** up with Gomez. Good job, PA.
- Major! Buh-bye Scott Gomez!
- I love P.K. Subban. That's all. I love him.
- 1:30 left to do anything with this PP YOU GUYS.
- So much for the fixed powerplay ... for now.
- Still tied at 2. See you after intermission.
- Zubrus got in the way of an Emelin puck. Emelin's been at the centre of all the "excitement" tonight.
- Looks like Team Third Period showed up again.
- DSP is picking up his SPD.
- I don't believe that "way out of his net" is the best place for Tokarski. Blue paint, Dustin, ok?
- Price's little mole on his earlobe. Don't pretend you've never noticed it. Hi Carey!
- Oh boy. A great save by Tokarski. Love Petry. Love Petry.
- Habs are good 4-on-4. Time to do this.
- Oh well.
- Emelin with the awkward crash into the boards. That hurt.
- Kincaid gets taken out by his own player at the other end.
- Another Habs powerplay. Score here, you acquit yourselves.
- Not a great way to start. Gotta remember Gonchar needs more time to hustle.
- Gonchar's got a one-timer though, eh?
- Almost. Almost, P.K.
- Shots are 26-17, Habs.
- "I believe the Devils are gonna go here," says the incredulous Jason York. Have we forgotten the IMAGINARY interference on Galchenyuk?
- 25-second 5-on-3. COME ON. Acquittal!
- It's funny how anybody ever could ever think they could ever out-skate Subban.
- Powerplay gone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I have decided that Brendan Gallagher couldn't care less how much he gets tossed around for always being at the net. I mean, obviously.
- Regulation over. Let's go to OT since we always do anyway.
- Oh, MAX almost had that!
- I cannot believe how many powerplays the Habs have received. I cannot believe how many powerplay goals they haven't had. CAN WE PLEASE.
- I just told my son, "We're basically gonna get a powerplay for the rest of overtime." He replied, "Unless we get a penalty." My little realist.
- No cigar, not for lack of trying. Not for lack of screaming (from me).
- Boucher: denied.
- Galchenyuk: Pas de score.
- Josefson: Put it in.
- Desharnais: Nope.
- Elias: In.
Good night. I've got you Easter Sunday, too. See you then!
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Hey, you can never have enough depth!
1. For science!