- In a match that pitted Norris trophy winners against one another and featured a Hart nominee versus a Hamburglar in net, it seems fitting that two trade deadline depth acquisitions would steal the show. [CTV]
- Take a look some of the more memorable quotes which followed the game yesterday.
Mark Stone says P.K. Subban should be suspended. "There was some intent there."— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) April 16, 2015
Dave Cameron says "it's an easy solution" on Subban. Either he gets suspended or one of their best players gets slashed.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) April 16, 2015
No supplemental discipline for P.K. Subban.— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) April 16, 2015
- Without hitting someone in the head, a player almost never gets suspended in the NHL. [SB Nation]
- With the regular season having come to an end, there is really no more reason to even argue that Price deserves the Hart. Price is in a league of his own and his play has kept the Habs out of the draft lottery. [Sportsnet]
- The Canadiens' own Carey Price and PK Subban should be considered frontrunners for the Vezina and Norris trophies, respectively. [Sporting News]
- With the playoffs having gotten off to an exciting start, check out former NHLer Mike Rupp's predictions. He also had this to say about playing against a rookie PK Subban in the playoffs. [The Players' Tribune]
I’ll never forget playing against Subban when he was just 18 years old in that Montreal series in 2010. I’m thinking, "I can’t wait to get out there and rattle this kid." He ended up scoring the tying goal in Game 1 with 1 second left in the period.
Around The League and Elsewhere
- The San Jose Sharks continue to be in turmoil following the end of their season. Head coach Todd McLellan may end up getting the axe. [Puck Daddy]
- Changes seem to be coming to the Boston Bruins organization, as general manager Peter Chiarelli was fired yesterday. [Sportsnet]
- With the Winnipeg Jets getting ready to take on the Anahiem Ducks, this is really something Jets' fans should consider exploiting. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- India's ice hockey team is continuing to make progress despite lacking proper funding and training facilities. [WSJ]
- Here's one more thing the Canadiens will have going their way when they look to take on the Senators in game two. [Sportsnet]