For our new readers and members,Top Six Minutes is a lighthearted overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Everyone keeps talking about a 'Vezina showdown' tonight. Is Carey Price playing for the Predators as well??
- I actually kind of feel bad for Pekka Rinne. He has put up great numbers, and in most seasons that would be good enough for a trophy.
- How many drinks do you think Caps management had the night they decided to trade Forsberg for Erat?
- Rumour has it Shea Weber once felled three bison with a single slapshot. He refused to share with anyone during the feast that followed.
- Predators fans are chanting 'MVP! MVP!' Good on them for supporting Price!
- Alright, let's forget how terrible the defense was on that first goal, and just take a moment to admire the effort by Mattias Ekholm. Beautiful.
- Back to the terrible defense...what the hell was that? I've seen more organized defending during a water balloon fight.
- That period was sort of like ordering a poutine and finding out that it's a mediocre creation. You're not going to complain, but you definitely need to add a bit of salt to make it go down easier.
- Brendan Gallagher is the reason I cringe every time the Habs trade away one of Trevor Timmins' precious 5th round picks.
- Mike Fisher just whiffed on a great scoring chance, but I'd like to think that Price would have made yet another highlight save if the puck made its way towards the net.
- David Desharnais had time to paint Rinne's mailbox as he waited on the doorstep to score.
- Parenteau's pass wasn't too shabby either, not bad for a
healthy scratch 4th liner 3rd liner 1st linerplayer who's ice time has been in doubt lately.
- If I were to compare that period to a poutine, and you know I'm going to, I'd say it was just about perfect. The fries were well done, the gravy was nice and thick, and the cheese curds were fresh.
- Right now the 4th line has a Corsi For% of 23...*combined. To be fair, they're getting Manny Malhotra defensive treatment. (*you should never combine statistics from linemates, unless the resulting totals are hilariously low)
- Tonight's edition of the 1st line however, is doing great. Maurice Richard only knows how long it'll last, so enjoy the moment.
- Rinne absolutely robbed Plekanec from a sure goal. It's never a good idea to steal from the Turtleneck Assassin. ™
- Ryan Ellis' point shot had more direction changes than an Edmonton Oilers rebuild.
- Someone once tried to tell me that Devante Smith-Pelly had "good speed". I guess that's true depending on the context. Compared to a giant tortoise Smith-Pelly has "good speed."
- Rinne vs Price hasn't disappointed. This is like watching Pearl Harbor, but instead of absolutely nothing happening for three hours we get to watch a real fight between two aces.
- A good effort all-around by the Habs, this is one of their better road games of the season.
- The Habs went 0-100 in 74 games. Not bad at all.
- I'd like to complain about the Subban penalty, because I'm really good at that, but it was deserved.
- Nothing Price could do on the winning goal. That'll do Carey, that'll do.
- Still though, 100 points.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. That's just muscle memory at work.
2. A classic Habs fan strategy
1. In regards to Gilbert showing up more than once on the game thread lineup