For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Andrew Hammond is my favourite hockey player. He's single-handedly teasing Sens fans into thinking they can actually make the playoffs, all the while destroying their chance at landing a top pick in next year's draft. Bless you, Hamburglar
- How dare Alex Chiasson think he could inflict damage to Tomas Plekanec's tactleneck and get away with it.
- While they're at it, the Sens should probably respect the Subban slapshot too.
- During the first game of the year Sens fans were poking fun at Max Pacioretty's speed. I wonder if the 472 breakaways that have occurred since then have changed their mind.
- Tonight shall be known as the night that Tom Gilbert almost killed Bobby Ryan. Pray for Bobby!
- They gave Subban's goal to Pacioretty, and frankly, who are we to argue with that? If a member of the Habs scores, odds are it's Pacioretty. It is known.
- Never underestimate Erik Karlsson's sneakiness. Big mistake.
- It's going to be real fun to watch Karlsson and Subban fight for the D scoring race down the stretch, and then watching Subban win his second Norris trophy.
- If I had a nickel for every time the Habs iced the puck, I'd be able to buy a large coffee with all the fixings. Hey, a nickel isn't a lot of money these days, and inflation is a real thing!
- Parenteau clearly has a little more pep in his step tonight. He had a really good scoring chance off the Karlsson turnover, but couldn't put it home. So far so good.
- The sky is blue, water is wet, & Pageau gets points against the Habs.
- Well that was a clear penalty on Plekanec. And then a nice little tip by Stone.
- Speaking of Stone, that guy used to be at Douglas Murray levels of skating ability. Whoever worked with him on his skating has performed a miracle.
- Hey, the referees just got that double-minor high-sticking penalty right! That's a fun thing to be able to write.
- There's Karlsson's sneakiness hurting the Habs again. What did I say? Never underestimate it.
- Really though, how do you not keep an eye on Karlsson? He's one of the best players in the NHL, he deserves special attention, you legitimately can't treat him like just another offensive defenceman.
- And now Methot scored. Oh boy. There's only one way to properly describe this game:
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Our community members are incredibly helpful
2. Stop holding back, tell us how you really feel.
1. Who would have imagined???