For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining, even when the Habs make it hard. Full recaps/analysis/walks of shame go up the morning after every game.
- It's a classy move by Michel Therrien to start Dale Weise in his last game ever.
- Unfortunately the Bruins didn't start Subban. That means we'll probably only get to see him play during the third period.
- If Torey Krug wasn't 4'7" he might have caught Jiri Sekac in the head, but thankfully the hit landed at belly button level.
- Le Ping
- Emelin just saved a goal. If he was George Costanza he'd stop playing right now.
- Who is this guy making saves against the Habs and what did he do with the real Tuukka Rask?
- Brad Marchand nose that's a bad penalty.
- Jiri Sekac just reverse hit the crap out of Milan Lucic. I guess that means Sekac is dead next year. Shame, I really liked the guy.
- Safe to say that was an excellent period by the Habs.
- Did Dale Weise just out hustle both Zedno Chara and Patrice Bergeron for that goal?
- Was Weise put on this planet just to screw with the Bruins?
- Does he have Montreal's last three goals?
- Is this real life?
- Do I need to retract my "Weise isn't a first liner" article? Nanh, let's not get too crazy now. Although I will say, when the game is against the Bruins he's DEFINITELY a first line player.
- Speaking of good things, how great of a defensive player has Max Pacioretty become in the last couple years? We all know he's dominant as a forward, but he's quietly become a premiere defensive forward as well.
- Carey Price, you still find ways to amaze me on a nightly basis. You magnificent son a bitch, you.
- The fourth line isn't getting much action, but when they are they look pretty damn good. That Christian Thomas loves to create scoring chances.
- I'm fairly certain that I get more stressed when I cut a bagel than Price does during an NHL game. WHAT IF BOTH SIDES AREN'T EQUAL??? The horror!
- What a pass by Weise on that Pacioretty goal. In a different timeline the Habs play the Bruins 82 times per year, and Weise wins the Art Ross trophy, uncontested.
- This is where I'd write something mean about Patrice Bergeron if I could bring myself to do it. But alas, I cannot. Damn that guy is good.
- Lucic doing something stupid and taking a penalty. That's the free space on your Habs/Bruins bingo card.
- The more the Bruins focus on physical play, the more the Habs pull away. How has Julien not figured that out yet?
- It took 3 insanely lucky bounces for the Bruins to score, which makes sense considering Price is in the net.
- The General makes it 3-1. That's all she wrote. Thanks for coming out Boston.
- I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure that's the 584th time in a row that the Habs have beat the Bruins.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. No one saw that coming, eh?
2. Better luck next time Milan.
1. This couldn't be more true
Highlight of the night