For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Happy last day of February everyone!
- I managed to miss most of the pre-game on Hockey Night in Canada. I have already won tonight.
- There was a opening video, but it was not near the quality of Tom Thompson's. Sorry.
- Bah, Kelly Hrudey is already playing the narratives. Staph.
- I am in my Winnipeg Jets hoodie and ready for hockey. This is the best I can do hockey apparel wise.
- The Montreal Canadiens take a careless stick penalty early in the game. I am really used to this type of start.
- Jokinen is awesome if you were wondering; a real treasure.
- WE HAVE WITNESSED A MIRACLE AND IT IS IN THE FORM OF A MANNY MALHOTRA GOAL. Dale Weise with a great play to make that goal happen. Dale Weise is a good fourth liner.
- According to noted historian Scott Matla, Malhotra is the 500th different goalscorer in Canadiens history.
- The Canadiens are really struggling at the basic skill of getting the puck out of the zone.
- The fourth line seems to be the best line for the Habs. THIS IS A PROBLEM
- Andrei Markov's brain still works and doesn't matter, had Pleks.
- Carey Price is like finishing the perfect day by eating breakfast for supper.
- Even when he makes mistakes, Price fixes them.
- Pacioretty drew a penalty on Tyler Bozak and then the Canadiens managed to create a bunch of shots on the ensuing power play.
- Not going to say anything on that call on P.K. Subban, but Olli on the top unit power play says a lot about the Toronto Maple Leafs and none of it is good.
- Brendan Gallagher has to make a decision much quicker on a two on one. Pacioretty was ready for the pass or shoot for a rebound.
- The Canadiens are really good at utilizing Price on the penalty kill to help rag the puck around to waste time. Pass it back to the D, back to Price who passes it up to the defenceman on the other side.
- Carey Price: full time goalie, part-time breakdancer
- Alex Galchenyuk is so, so skilled. So very skilled.
- Did Brendan Gallagher get away with some interference? Looks like he got pushed in by the Leafs defenceman. Desharnais benefits from the shenanigans and gets the goal.
- Gallagher drew a penalty and then Desharnais remembered that the Canadiens have a sketchy power play so he took a penalty right away.
- The Habs are playing really well four on four. Maybe Desharnais knew something. And then Dion Phanuef takes a double minor for doing bad things.
- The Leafs are really trying to score and to do so have dropped the defences and released the Bernier (well, released Bernier from the game, which may help them because he has struggled badly this game)
- Desharnais: two goal game. They don't care though because they are winning. No celebrating anymore.
- Malhotra's first in a Habs uniform
- Price goes out of his way to show Malhotra some love after his first goal
- Plekanec fools Bernier with a great shot