For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- What a goal! PK Subban is wow. Is PK Subban anything but wow? (shush Sportsnet, who cares if it's his first goal in 15 games).
- More importantly, Manny Malhotra got an ASSIST! Which will no doubt translate to even more ice time.
- And that lead lasted approximately 30 seconds. Thank you loud cannon noise for adding to my misery.
- Markov scores off a sick pass from DD and the Habs have the lead again. Keep in mind, only 5 minutes have passed in the period and we already have 3 goals.
- Uh oh, Subban looks hurt. Habs nation collectively holds their breath.
- By the way, how unlucky does he have to be to be hit in the exact same spot as last time?
- Subban is still playing. Habs nation exhales in relief.
- Dutch Gretzky got sent to the sin bin but the Habs kill of the penalty. The Blue Jackets were distract by his amazing flow.
- The Blue Jackets are dropping like flies.
- And we get another goal! Pacioretty scores of some nice work from Gallagher and Subban.
- This is the 30th goal of the year for American Hero-Wolverine-Mad Max!
- Beaulieu's stick just snapped in half on a dump in.
- The Canadiens are back on the penalty kill with 1.5 seconds left on the clock which is a very Canadien thing to do.
- The Habs have a 3-1 lead heading into the second. Never in my wildest dreams, did I imagine I would get to write that.
- Markov is a funny, grumpy Russian bear. Sportsnet told me so.
- Speaking of grumpy, Brendan Gallagher looks none too pleased to be starting the period in the penalty box.
- The Canadiens killed their second penalty of the night and another Blue Jacket just took a tumble. What is with the ice in Columbus?
- Carey Price just makes being a goalie look the easiest job in the world.
- So far, so good for Devante Smith-Pelley. DSP's looking pretty swell in his first game.
- That was obviously not a goal but it was definitely the best non-goal of the season.
- The Habs have a lead and immediately switched to dumping and chasing mode. Why can't EOTP have nice things?
- Gallagher and Desharnais just traded premium scoring chances but not-Bobrovsky just had to make two saves.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets are outshooting the Canadiens because the Habs are really sitting back on their lead.
- Greg Pateryn looks like a lumberjack.
- All of a sudden Eller isn't on the second line anymore and DSP isn't on the third line anymore.
- JDLFR SCORES HIS FIRST NHL GOAL! It is Michel Therrien approved.
- PK Subban rushing to grab the puck before De La Rose figured out he scored may have been the funniest thing I've seen all day.
- Of course some irrelevant Blue Jacket had to score on Price. How does one get only their 3rd goal of the season against the best goalie in the league? This is some non-playoff team voodoo.
- And again with that scary cannon.
- Montreal's powerplay has returned to it's typically putrid form. The Blue Jackets had no trouble killing it off.
- Oh wait, we get another Montreal powerplay. Sigh. Which is also killed off. Sigh.
- Habs please deny the POWERPLAYS already! Your powerplays are as threatening as golden retriever puppies.
- The Habs still can't beat an empty net.
- No wait, we have a JDLFR! He is the empty net champion we deserve.
- 10 straight wins for the
EOTP 3 Stars
1. Columbus just made a huge mistake.
2. For a while there, I had the same doubts.