For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I spy with my little eye, a Eller-Plekanec-Sekac first line. I'd forgotten what an actual first line would look like.
- Brendan Gallagher drew a penalty. Brendan Gallagher drew a penalty? Brendan Gallagher drew a penalty!
- MAX PACIORETTY WITH A PPG! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE HAVE A MONTREAL PP GOAL! Can we please have all of our power plays against Columbus from now on?
- Fun fact: Montreal has scored 1 powerplay goal over their last 18 powerplays. Max Pacioretty's snipe makes it 2 for 19.
- Gallagher giveth and Gallagher taketh away. Carey Price just taketh away.
- Max Pacioretty with another beauty, but Nathan Beaulieu's slick pass was the real star on that play!
- And damnit, someone just jinxed Carey.
- Woah, fight between Tinordi and who cares from Columbus. Good on him for defending Thomas but come on Tinner, we are pretty low on defensemen right now…so no more fighting for the time being, please?
- Another Montreal powerplay. Will lightning strike twice? Wait, did the Habs just send out Weise, DLR and Prust on the PP? So, no then.
- Strange fact: Galchenyuk scored 2 goals, the Habs lost that game. Gallagher scored 2 goals, the Habs lost that game. Pacioretty just scored 2 goals and I really hope this trend doesn't hold.
- Don Cherry knows his looney tunes. I promise you, I'm not making this up.
- Jarred Tinordi returns wearing a face guard.
- The Blue Jackets seem to be the only team in the NHL who love their stretch passes more than the Canadiens.
- Tripping call on Eller. He just earned himself a one way ticket to the coach's doghouse.
- Price…no Subban…no Price and Subban, robbing Columbus of a goal! Then the crossbar robs Columbus of a goal!
- I'm jealous of Columbus's powerplay set up. Look at what you've done to me, coach who runs Montreal's powerplay!
- I as wrote that, Sekac drew a penalty and the Habs will try to score yet another incredibly elusive powerplay goal.
- Montreal's power plays are *insert any synonym for atrocious*.
- Holy geez, that puck hit BOTH posts and stayed out. Not going to lie, that gave me a mini heart attack.
- Finally, the second period comes to an end.
- Gallagher cuts in with a glorious opportunity only to be denied by McElhinney.
- No Gonchar? No problem. Nathan Beaulieu continues to look dominant in this game.
- PK Subban just tried to hug Nick Foligno away from Price and it worked!
- Did Malhotra just try to fight someone?
- Penalty against the Habs but they manage to kill it off.
- We have another fight involving another
HabBulldog, as Thomas and Calvert go at it. Both of them leave with bloody noses.
- Well at least, one guy enjoyed that fight.
- Sekac has Gallagher's syndrome, as he ends up in the back of Columbus's net.
- Beaulieu displaying flashes of Subban. This kid is looking sooo good.
- All of a sudden the Blue Jackets have opened a shooting gallery in Montreal's zone.
- Stupid delay of game penalties. Montreal on the penalty kill with two minutes to go in the period.
- Doesn't matter, had Pleks. Who needs powerplays when we can have penalty kills, am I right Habs?
- And there you have it folks, the Montreal Bulldogs win 3-1!
EOTP 3 Stars
3. To be fair, it was a great gif
2. Like, a really good gif
1. Seriously, look at this