Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Ben Scrivens is looking to make the most of his opportunity to play for the Montreal Canadiens, and is determined to prove that he belongs on the team. [Sportsnet]
- Marc Bergevin is slowly cementing his reputation as one of the NHL's most savvy general managers with the Zack Kassian for Scrivens trade. [SB Nation]
- Hockey won't be taking centre stage at the Winter Classic. Rather, it will be the programming behind it which will grab the spotlight. [Boston Globe]
- Carey Price will need to make a bit more space in his crowded trophy case, seeing as he has just been named Canada's top male athlete by Postmedia! [National Post]
- Max Pacioretty opened up about the Canadiens' recent slump, the pressures that come with the captaincy, and what he expects out of the Winter Classic. [NHL]
- Diane Bibaud is living her dream as the in-arena organist for the Montreal Canadiens! [CBC]
- The results at the Winter Classic will determine the outcome of a friendly wager.
Around The League and Elsewhere
- The future of women's hockey look bright, as both the CWHL and NWHL continue to take different routes to create sustainable professional leagues for female hockey players. [The National]
- Tired players put their teams at a disadvantage, as they are more prone to taking penalties. [TSN]
- Paul Maurice is arguably the best coach in Winnipeg Jets and Atlanta Thrashers history. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Columbus Blue Jackets' head coach John Tortorella didn't hold back, when calling out his team's leadership core. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Only two other duos have won more games together than the Sedin twins!