Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- There is a discrepancy between what fans see and what underlying statistics indicate about P.K. Subban's play this season. Despite it all however, his coach has been satisfied with Subban's performance thus far. [La Presse]
- Speaking of Subban, he was also named one of Puck Daddy's Top 10 hockey people of 2015! [Puck Daddy]
- Michel Therrien revealed some of the methods behind his line juggling madness. The coach explained that sometimes, it was the players themselves who requested a change in line mates. [Journal De Montreal]
- Carey Price has won the prestigious Lou Marsh Award and is recovering from his mysterious lower-body injury right on schedule. [NHL]
- Pierre McGuire believes that Price is worthy recipient of the Lou Marsh Award, while Ray Ferraro thinks that the recently waived Zack Kassian won't attract much interest from the rest of the league. [TSN 690 | McGuire | Ferraro]
- Regardless of how the rest of Kassian's hockey career may pan out, here's to hoping he at least gets his life back in order. [Montreal Gazette]
- The first episode of the NHL's annual Road to the NHL Winter Classic series is set to air today. Here's how you can check it out! [EPIX]
- Someone ought to tell Mike Babcock that the Toronto Maple Leafs' are no longer Canada's team. All kidding aside, Canada's Prime Minister took to twitter to congratulate Price as well!
- The Canadiens' disastrous rendition of 'Let It Go', hasn't persuaded Subban from singing for a great cause!
Around The League and Elsewhere
- Pursuing hockey continues to grow more expensive, as hockey academies are charging pretty hefty fees to train some of Canada's best junior hockey players. [National Post]
- Patrick Kane's recent point streak should not be equated with overcoming adversity, and here's why this sort of take is extremely harmful. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Elliotte Friedman offered insight into the Winnipeg Jets' contract situation, as Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd and Jacob Trouba will all need new extensions. He also teased Habs' fans by offering the following bit of information. [Sportsnet]
"During the last week, I fiddled around with some potential trades for Stamkos, should it come to that. You know what made a lot of sense? Montreal.
That’s right up Marc Bergevin’s alley, going for it with the best possible rental. Stamkos, who has a no-move, would probably agree to play with old friend P.K. Subban. But can you see Steve Yzerman sending him to a potential postseason opponent? Me neither."
- Evgeni Malkin sat down with GQ to talk all things hockey, including the differences between North American players and Russian players, the funniest members of the Pittsburgh Penguins and his best fight. [GQ]
- Watch as defenseman Juha Leimo scores the fastest hat trick in Finnish Liga history! [Puck Daddy]