For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The city of my birth takes on the team of my adoption, which is one reason I always look forward to Habs vs Islanders. I will not lie that another is that I live in hope for the day when Lars Eller lights up Jaroslav Halak. It's also kind of amazing how Halak and Price never seem to face each other.
Byron draws in on Galchenyuk's wing, and if nothing else, he has the foot speed and possession prowess to stick with them. They say speed kills, so here's to hoping they do some serious damage.
- Not a lot of action in the opening half of the period, but the teams are feeling each other out like a pair of champion boxers, a few jabs and a lot of defence. As I say that, the Desharnais line begins the fight in earnest.
- So if the Islanders lead the league in hits, does that mean we're gonna have to restart the Days Since Flynn Has Been Boarded clock?
- If Eller-Galchenyuk-Byron sticks, can we call them Team Rocket?
- Devante Speed-Pelly bowls over an Islander and flies into the offensive zone.
- This is Dale Weise's world, and we're just living in it.
- #PaulBreakawayByron time?
- Apparently not. Alas.
- Okposo knows his Harry Potter, so I'll let him have it, so long as that's the only goal they score...
- Oh geez... *Star Wars voice* I have a bad feeling about this...
- I really like it when I'm wrong like that.
- All hail the Habs penalty kill.
- There are six Danes in the NHL. Two of them are sharing the ice tonight.
- There's a scrum, and Gilbert tells Clutterbuck he's going to have to go through him to get to the Captain.
- Petry's gonna get one before this game is out. Unfortunately, I bet Tavares is gonna get one too.
- Once again, the Desharnais line threatens to stir up the snooze fest that is well underway at the Bell Centre.
- On the one hand, it's probably a really good thing that the Habs look just fine matching up against the Islanders, on the other hand, this is the most soporific hockey game I've ever seen.
- Therrien is letting the Islanders match John Tavares and their top line against the Desharnais line. There's rolling four lines, and there's playing with fire. Therrien's playing with fire.
- *looks at hockeystats.ca*
- Eh, possession numbers could be better, but not terrible...I wonder how the ice time looks...
- *Page loads*
- Why is Desharnais second among forwards in ice time?????? Why does Lars Eller have half the ice time Desharnais does??? Someone tell Therrien that the Galchenyuk line is not the fourth line. STOP DRIVING MY RACE CAR LIKE A GOLF CART.
- On the other hand, I will absolutely take that beautiful Fleischmann to Desharnais two-on-one.
- Don't touch my goalie.
- GALLY GOAL. 3-1 HABS.
- Amazing how a game with four goals scored to date can still be so boring.
- Islanders pull Halak for the extra skater. This is perhaps the most exciting the game has been.
- Doesnt matter, had Pleks.
EOTP Three Stars
- 3. Good call.
- 2. Well played.
- 1. Nuff said.