Back on the first of November, Habs fans held their collective breath as it was announced that Carey Price had sustained a lower body injury. Later that same day, most were able to exhale deeply, as the club announced he would be out for just a week. Then as that week came to a close, it came out that new information would be made available this week.
Yesterday, we learned that Carey Price had left Montreal to head to New York to get some additional evaluation of that lower body injury. It was cause for some concern, but we had very little information as to exactly what was ailing the superstar goaltender.
Today, Michel Therrien confirmed that Carey Price will be out of action for another week. The good news is that he doesn't need to have surgery, so while we don't know exactly what the issue is, it at least isn't that severe.
Therrien says Price went to NY to get a second opinion on his injury after didn't respond very well to treatment. Gave same diagnosis.— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) November 10, 2015
#Habs Therrien said Price requested the second opinion to set his mind at ease, but MT emphasizes players are the ones who make the request.— John Lu (@JohnLuTSNMtl) November 10, 2015
And so, it looks like the team will have to continue to lean on the solid play of Mike Condon moving forward. The rookie has fared very well so far this year, so it is entirely possible that the team can continue to succeed with him as the starter.
That said, Dustin Tokarski has struggled mightily to start this year, both during the preseason with Montreal and with the St. John's IceCaps. It's hard to say how much confidence he'll have if at any point he needs to give Condon a night off.
In any case, Habs fans will simply have to hope that Price makes a speedy recovery.