For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
After nine straight regulation victories, the Montreal Canadiens have slipped into a two game losing streak. On general principle, that sounds just fine, right? I mean, how can you legitimately complain about a 9-2-0 start? Seriously, it's awesome, and there are plenty of teams, including the two that beat them, who would gladly trade those single victories for the Canadiens overall record. How can any Habs fan complain about the losses?
Hahaha, is that a serious question bro? First of all, you answered your own question; we're Habs fans, of course we can complain. We can complain because Vancouver is dumb, and losing to them is dumb. We can complain because blowing a three goal lead to McDiver and company is laughable, and we'd laugh at any other team for doing it.
Now I'm talking to myself... See what you do to me, Habs? Or maybe... I'm talking to the other Drake. You know, the guy running through the six with his woes, or whatever... Uh oh, I think I just themed this thing.
- If you've heard the Drake song "Hotline Bling" this TSM will probably be way funnier for it. The following bullet point goes to my beloved Canadiens:
- Ever since you left the east coast YOU... Started scoring less and losing games mooore. Don't know what you got on the plane foooor... Blowing leads like you've never plaaayed befooore.
- I sure hope they can score on this Ortio character. Subban just tried to from the wrong side of the red line as if he felt he could.
- Magnum Mike Condon making some saves. Still working on making that nickname a thing.
- RED LIGHT BLING. Dale Weise. Dutch Gretzky. Give him a dance, Drizzy.
- How about Tomas Fleischmann making that happen by getting into the zone and waiting for some support. The Flash is definitely outperforming that price tag of his.
- HEY JOHNNY GAUDREAU, HOW'D YA LIKE GETTING ROBBED BY MAGNUM MIKE, BAWD?
- That Condon save on the wraparound is the subject of at least seven of Drake's love songs. He just didn't know it until now.
- Max Pacioretty probably should have gotten a penalty for holding Mark Giordano's stick. However, that does not excuse the gross dive by T.J. Brodie. Fun fact: the T.J. stands for Total Jerk.
- Sitting on a three goal lead was dumb, so don't sit on a one goal lead. Oooooooooh don't do it, please don't do it.
- Of course Calgary scores a stinker right at the end of the powerplay. You don't get a Drizzy dance, Hudler. You just don't.
- NATHAN BEAULIEU MAKES THAT RED LIGHT BLING. THAT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING. #DRIZZYDANCE
- Drizzy only dances for Habs goals because we share a name, sort of.
- He definitely doesn't dance for you and your Pigeon goal, Josh Jooris. Who are you, even.
- Another super quick goal would be really sweet.
- DUTCH GRETZKY STRIKES AGAIN!! I know you've got something for the man, Drizzy.
- That's just some really, really good dancing right there.
- If Weise gets one more goal, I will literally turn on Hotline Bling and dance around my living room until the end of the game. I might abandon this TSM right there and then. Sorry if I do.
- Magnum Mike makes a great scramble save to preserve the lead. What I like most about "Magnum Mike" is that it's the contraceptive joke that keeps giving. If he grows a movember moustache, it will be a double edged sword of pun delight.
- DEVANTE SMITH-PELLY MAKES THAT RED LIGHT BLING. GET 'EM, DRIZZY!
- Hahahahahaaaa Josh Jooris just got a penalty, that pigeon. I'd get Drizzy to dance for that, but like I said, he doesn't dance for anything the Flames do, except when they allow goals.
- Sean Monahan goes after Brendan Gallagher at the end of the frame. I am 97.65% sure that Gallagher would beat him up. The other 2.35% is if one of his buddies jumps in.
- No blown leads tonight, alright boys? You don't want to make Drake sad, do you?
- Oooooh man, if Jeff Petry scored on that shorthanded chance, Drizzy would have done some dancing, let me tell you.
- PAUL BYRON MAKES THAT RED LIGHT BLING SHORTHANDED. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, DRIZZY!
- If you think Drake has been doing some dancing, wait til you see what he'll do if Dale Weise buries one more of those chances.
- I know the Habs probably don't deserve their lead at the moment, but I am having some kind of fun with this game.
- Drake will never dance again if they blow this three goal lead.
- DALE WEISE WITH THE HAT TRICK. DUTCH GRETZKY DOES NOTHING BUT MAKE THE RED LIGHT BLING! DRIZZY, GO!
- Dale Weise has more goals than Alexander Ovechkin. Dale Weise has more goals than Steven Stamkos. Dale Weise is better than both of them.
- He's not, but WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm enjoying it. So is Drizzy, clearly.
- I might drop Mark Giordano from my fantasy team for taking that shot when he knew there would be a whistle for a high stick. What an ass.
- Sam Bennett should thank his lucky stars there were linesmen in the way there. I am 100% sure that Nathan Beaulieu would beat him up.
- HABS WIN! Everyone press play on the video below, and DANCE. Goofily.
EOTP 3 Stars of the night
3) Magnum Mike did a really good job on his Halloween costume.
2) What else do you call it when Dutch Gretzky pots a deuce?
1) YAH, MON.