For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The Habs are putting a 9-game winning streak on the line as they begin their annual Western Canada Road Trip, I know Scott Matla suggested the possibility vs Buffalo, but this is truly the part where you ought to know...
- In reality, the big question is after a couple of games of being the 2014-15 Habs, is the team serious about getting back to possession hockey after a very disturbing lapse?
- Because if they aren't, well this is going to be another adventure in my almost-charming repretoire of sarcasm.
- Always feel trepidation when doing a T6M since my first one ever saw them blow a 3-goal lead against the Carolina Hurricanes of all teams, but let's get this going anyway.
- Took 2 seconds for them to mention ex-Hab Brandon Prust. Hopefully we don't get it 200 times.
- Sportsnet lists Bourque and Moen on the 4th line. All guys wearing 32 and 17 look alike I guess.
- ARGH! 1-0 Vancouver, but that was a pretty weird sequence, don't see Price lose track of pucks too often.
- Gallagher rings the post, but that wasn't really a GallyGoal so it wasn't going to happen.
- And now the PBP crew mixes up Weise and Flynn. Sigh.
- Brandon Sutter is the goal scoring leader on Vancouver? Yikes.
- 2-0 Vancouver. Luck is part of a winning streak and it's not going for them right now.
- How did that stay out? Rotten luck for Davey.
- Crap, is Ryan Miller good again?
- Can't get lucky against Price every time there boys.
- "Penalty" to Fleischmann. Time for Pacioretty-Plekanec to connect for a shorthander.
- Penalty killed, but probably a good thing Tanev isn't a known finisher on that Sedin pass.
- I may retire from T6M after tonight.
- If you missed the 1st period, EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE.
- I am consoling myself with the fact Scott Gomez had the game-winning goal to get St Louis past Tampa Bay tonight.
- Habs aren't mailing it in. 4th line doing some work.
- Not generating much O-zone time here. You need at least one goal in this period to believe a comeback is plausible.
- A funny bounce around the Vancouver net but it isn't MTL's night, le sigh.
- I am not the only person who thinks MacKinnon looks older than Crosby in those commercials right?
- Galchenyuk is creating a lot of chances that could be goals lately, that line needs puck luck.
- Another puck facing an empty VAN net that goes the wrong way.
- Habs may not win this, but if they keep doing this they can avoid a shutout.
- Um, isn't spearing a penalty? Could've sworn it was.
- Oh geez, that does not look good for Prust.
- The winning streak is on the line and the Habs need 3 goals. Why not?
- Multiple shifts with the pressure in the offensive zone is what we need.
- As I was saying... TORREY MITCHELL!!!!! 3-1 Vancouver as the Habs finally cut into the lead.
- Delayed power play! But that was a lot of mucking around for not much action.
- Now's a good time for PK to blast one through...
- But first they need to actually gain the offensive zone and hold the puck there.
- Why does Desharnais get the PP? There are years of evidence he's not very good there.
- Too many men! Why the hell not... 4v4 time.
- And that's probably the game, another bounce against the Habs. 4-1 Vancouver.
- I check the ice time and for reasons beyond understanding, Desharnais's line is leading the forwards tonight. Not their fault the Habs are down 3 goals but they aren't likely going to make it a tie game either.
- Derek Dorsett scored on the Habs. The universe is far more cruel than I had previously believed.
- If you stayed up to watch this game, well... umm... at least your bed will feel comfortable after this I guess.
1. I give credit for effort here
2. Scott finds a positive in all of this
3. Doesn't make sense to blame Columbus, but none of those bounces made sense either so I'm going with it.