- Quebec native Jonathan Drouin is going to play his first game in the Bell Centre. That's not ominous at all.
- Steve Stamkos isn't the current scoring leader on Tampa Bay, which is completely insane when you think about it for more than 1/15th of a second.
- Carey Price is going to be awarded the Molson Cup once again, rumours suggest it will be renamed the Carey Price Cup in the near future (E4)
- I would like the Habs to finally tune up Bishop.
- Points in two consecutive games is not exactly a 'streak' there Sportsnet.
- Early PP!
- ARGH, nevermind.
- The next great chance on the power play belongs to the opposing team, everyone drink.
- Tampa's power play is struggling? Okay now that's a jinx.
- 5-on-3, I hope Carey is feeling limber.
- Penalties killed, but this game will be weird if they actually call it that tightly the whole way through.
- Subban fouled and the penalty is called, if the same happens to Gallagher later, a unicorn will deliver you a pizza free of charge.
- Took 13 minutes to get a shot on goal, Galchenyuk with a nice move but alas, denied.
- Desharnais with the next great chance, but unfortunately Bishop is sharp tonight.
- Or maybe not that sharp! Weise tips a Plekanec shot and the Habs have a 1-0 lead!
- Galchenyuk's line generates what, 50% of the team's scoring chances in a game?
- Gonchar hits the ref, Gallagher is surely envious.
- Gamecenter Live is running as smoothly as the Edmonton Oilers.
- I'm in a very small minority here (what else is new) but really don't like this "Dutch Gretzky" thing around Weise.
- Callahan being called the heartbeat of the Lightning is weird.
- Nice setup to Prust by Desharnais, he's been great since switching to the wing.
- Gallagher almost got a breakaway while forcing the puck off of Stamkos. Remains awesome at everything.
- EFF! JT Brown ties it up. "Crease clearer" Emelin is feckless in his attempt to do so.
- I say this a lot, but pretty surprised Galchenyuk's line hasn't scored yet.
- Weise wondered what it was like to hug a goalie.
- Cheap shot on Markov by Connolly and PK is the only guy going off? Come on.
- A Bruin would have been called a hero for doing that. Bullshit.
- Go to hell refs. 2-1 Tampa.
- Habs zone exit strategy is leading to nothing, again.
- Gonchar age reference by Sportsnet, I'd say his play tonight is doing that for him.
- What kind of line change was that? 3-1 Tampa, this is getting out of reach with how they are playing.
- Beaulieu off for delay of game. I'm honestly surprised they don't get tagged for that call more often with how the system is based on clearing along the boards/glass.
- I'd rather Eller have his stick versus Emelin, there's a chance Lars might actually do something positive with it.
- And this one's out of reach, 4-1 Tampa in a dogpile around Price. Tokarski in the 3rd?
- Tampa has become one of the teams that can strangle Montreal. Their attack neutralizes Montreal's weak breakout pattern and unlike the playoffs, they don't have a slow-moving defensive group the Habs can cut apart to even things out.
- This team is not looking like they will storm back in this period.
- Almost a breakaway for Pleks, but no dice.
- PACIORETTY!!!! Maybe there is some hope to this period. 4-2 Tampa. Nice pass by Gallagher.
- Pacioretty in the box now, yikes.
- Weise held up on the kill with no call. Of course. Wouldn't want to call an even game or anything.
- Habs survive the penalty, hope remains,
- Almost a chance for Gallagher!
- Sportsnet twisting themselves into a Gordian knot trying to invent a Tampa-Montreal rivalry.
- Nathan Beaulieu's skating is one of the few things worth watching tonight.
- *Ahem* Mr. Sustr, that's holding.
- Pulling the goalie for a 6-on-4? A Good move by Therrien (See? I can praise him!)
- The offensive pressure coming a little late here, but at least they aren't throwing in the towel.
- Timeout Montreal, Therrien wants to make sure someone recorded The Mindy Project.
- Desharnais called for hooking, that's the end of all hope for the evening.
- Winning streak snapped, nothing last forever. Habs also go to 4-1-0 this season when I do the Top Six Minutes.
EOTP Three Stars
1. Well done sir, Well done.
2. Tell me you wouldn't watch "Coach Swap" over Road to the Winter Classic.
3. My primary point of jealousy with Marc is he's consistently funnier than I am.