For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief reactionary overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in game threads. We try to keep it light and entertaining, even when the Habs make it hard. Full recaps/analysis/walks of shame go up the morning after every game.
- There's no Chris Neil tonight. He's out with an injured hoof or something. That will make the last five minutes of the third period 100% more enjoyable to watch.
- Dustin Tokarski gets little to no run support. A little over 1 goal per game. Can the Habs do any better tonight? Stay tuned.
- It's so strange to hear Subban getting booed at home, isn't it?
- The Habs allowed the first goal in the game for ONLY the 25th time this year.
- At least Zibanejad didn't kick it in.
- Manny Malhotra's slapshot would lose a 50 foot race with a Galapagos tortoise. On ice.
- There's no doubt Plekanec got his stick in there, but I admire the height MacArthur achieved with his legs, that's good form.
- Brandon Prust has absolutely no regard for his own health, that much is clear.
- Max Pacioretty cannot be stopped. You can try to stop him, but just know that he cannot be stopped.
- Emelin managed to miss the puck three times before the Senators finally scored. I'm not even mad, that's impressive.
- That was a stinky period. "Eau de Jared Cowen"
- Pacioretty injured? What time does the liquor store close at anyways?
- No penalty there, nope!
- Pacioretty is back! Aaaaaaand Ottawa scores. Damn you Hockey Gods! Why have you forsaken us?
- Alex Galchenyuk is back on the wing. Michel Therrien's blender is in full swing, and the result is a flaming poop cocktail.
- Legwand fell quicker than the Leafs at the midway point of any given season, but at least Markov didn't kick and scream the whole way to the penalty box.
- Tonight Sergei Gonchar looks a lot like a player who was born in the Soviet Union shortly after Nikita Khrushchev's death.
- Question: If they setup a foosball game between Karlsson and Subban during the All-Star game, would it get twice as many viewers as the game, or three times?
- Let's check up on how Desharnais is doing now that he's back at centre...OH MY GOD. Do yourself a favour and don't look at that.
- This isn't the most exciting game from a Habs fan point of view. Although the photoshop opportunities are plentiful .
- Hopefully Pageau is alright, but that was a hell of a defensive play by Nathan Beaulieu. The guys on Sportsnet keep saying Gonchar is teaching Beaulieu how to survive in the NHL, but I think it's actually Beaulieu that's keeping Gonchar above water.
- P.A. Parenteau just got called for a highstick, but I would like to protest. It was clearly a crosscheck to the face, and not a highstick. Either way, dumb penalty by Parenteau.
- A pretty poor performance all around by the Canadiens. You'd think they'd want to play better in front of their home fans.
- Another game with no run support for Tokarski. He better get used to that.
- 4-1. That's all she wrote. Ottawa was the better team tonight, but tomorrow the Senators will still be the Senators, so take solace Habs fans, it could always be worse.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. For a guy that has 5 career regular season goals, he sure does get a lot of praise.
2. Not bad for a player that's 'too small to succeed in the NHL'
1. Perfect level of snark on this reply. Well played.