- The Habs need to bring back Sara Diamond. These random anthem singers just aren't cutting it.
- It's not quite time to panic about Alexei Emelin's play...yet. But holy hell does he ever need to be better.
- Christian Thomas might be the best player since the beginning of the training camp. I'm not sure whether or not that's a good thing. His shot is NHL calibre, there's no denying it.
- Greg Pateryn's bid to make the Habs is sinking faster than a life raft containing Martin Brodeur, a knife, and a generous portion of foie gras pâté.
- I had missed Brendan Gallagher's shit-eating grin. It might be the best shit-eating grin in the history of hockey.
- Good news everyone. I just checked my calendar, and this happens to be the year of the Galchenyuk. Great things will happen. Dangles for all.
- Nathan MacKinnon might just have what it takes to have a career in the NHL. Maybe. He's...ok.
- Subban finding Pacioretty for a beautiful breakaway opportunity. Ahhhhh, hockey is back.
- Dear Santa, I don't need a gift this year. Getting to watch Scherbak-Galchenyuk-Gallagher is good enough for me.
- Sure, Pacioretty can score goals, but is he gritty enough to stick in the NHL?
- Real talk: Bournival probably shouldn't be playing in Hamilton. Neither should Sekac. If Bergevin somehow manages to dump Moen on another team he'll be my hero. If he manages to trade Bourque I'll name my first born after him. Or, considering how well I do with women, my next dog.
- Subban's slapshot just isn't fair. It makes me smile, but I always feel bad for the goaltenders.
- Nathan MacKinnon, you just got Budaj'd. Don't worry, it happens to the best of'em.
- Cody McLeod still plays hockey. Good to know.
- The referee(s) missing a blatant boarding penalty makes me feel like they're already in midseason shape.
- Max Pacioretty is so damn fast. He's burning Avalanche d-men like it's going out of style. $4.5M per year. David Clarksson makes $5.25M, The power of a good agent is on display in this juxtaposition. Or perhaps the power of a stupid GM.
- Nathan Beaulieu is all over the place, and it's great.
- Pretty shitty of Max Talbot to be boarding players with 3 seconds left on the clock. It's preseason Max, you're a vet. Smarten up.
- Bit of a weak call on Holden to give the Habs a 5 on 3. What are we, the Leafs? Such a timely two-man advantage.
- HOLY GALCHENYUK BATMAN! I'll upload the video of the goal as soon as I stop breathing heavily.
- It's official, the Habs are going undefeated this year.
1. Perfect assessment.
2. It's true damn it, it's so true.
3. The perfect reaction to Galchenyuk's ridiculous goal
Nathan MacKinnon has magic hands:
However Pacioretty has a magic shot:
Defensive collapse 101:
Galchenyuk seals the deal with a beauty: