- I know, it is a preseason game. It is however the first of the year, and is against Boston. That makes it alright to get super excited right??
- Executive decision: Get excited people. HOCKEY TIME LETS GO LES BOYS!!!!
- Bruins score on their first shot... Drink. Maybe don't though, it's really, really early in the year for that.
- Scherbak with a bit of a giveaway on said goal. Clearly he
made a simple rookie mistakeis a bust who should be booed off the ice and immediately traded to the lowest bidder.
- I admittedly have no idea who Joe Finley is but he almost scored a real laugher off the glass. That could have been hilari-awesome.
- Bruins typical embellishment eventually leads to 2-0 after nearly two minutes of solid penalty kill. Strap yourselves in folks, this one might get ugly.
- I have a feeling Ryan Spooner is going to be a problem, guys. He's like, on a perpetual breakaway.
- Michael McCarron obliterated a dude and then fired a pretty hard shot on net. I am... Impressed.
- JIRI SEKAC IS DEFINITELY NOT A BUST. YES. I called it on twitter and didn't even win the prize, still really stoked to see him find the net.
- The comeback is on. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- So. Much. Icing. Lots of dump and chase. I'm not complaining, I swear. Hockey. Yes.
- Scherbak with a beauty feed; Almost Bourque. Svedberg I don't think is a problem, that was a nice save and all, but we're gonna chalk this one up to Almost Bourque.
- Scherbak kicking it up a notch in the second as if he knows that I jokingly called him a bust and got mad about it. That kid is going to be very good.
- Almost Bourque again, see? Svedberg is no problem, P.K. probably knows every hole in his brother's game, so beyond that elvish goof the Bruins are laughable. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
- Jiri Sekac is really good. I know it's pre-season but he's clearly working hard to crack the lineup. Doesn't hurt to get a Centreman like Plekanec, but he looks great in this small sample.
- Everybody panic because the powerplay looks bad. This is clearly what it's going to be for the rest of time.
- Christian Thomas has been flying all night and then does his best Gallagher impression down low. TIE GAME, WHAT A COMEBACK!!!
- Mike McCarron was having himself a nice night too, until he took a header into a post and appeared to injure his right arm. Hopefully big Mac is ok because he was looking pretty good up until then.
- I bet I'm not the only one who's pondering the eventuality of fisticuffs heading into the third period... Nothing yet, but I have that feeling big time.
- Ohhh PK's brother is in net for the B's to start the third. Let's see if the boys can light him up and give PK some ammunition in the next family argument.
- Another powerplay that will probably suck harder than... Oh hey, that was actually decent. Sven Andrighetto has a great shot, and I want him to score.
- Jarred Tinordi doesn't look amazing or anything, clearly he's a bust and he should be traded right after Scherbak.
- Oh my, JOE FINLEY IS THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE... OK, he didn't finish and I still don't really know who he is. Not a bad rush though; I see you tall man.
- Christian Thomas, man. Preseason or not, he came to play. Nice to see.
- I totally know who would make the Habs win this game right now. His name rhymes with B.J. Blueman. I know, right... Preseason.
- I like Sekac, did I mention that? Probably, he's good at hockey.
- HOLEE Christian Thomas is fast. Less than a minute to go and he gifts the go ahead goal to Drayson Bowman. COMEBACK COMPLETE.
- Drayson Bowman is the new hero of Montreal hockey. All kneel before him.
- Habs open the pre-season on a win against the Bruins. Here's to lots more of that this season.
- EOTP Third Star of the night- RandyHabs for: "Someone Already took #53... #toosoon"
- EOTP Second Star of the night- i3irdy Re: The Habs not drafting Jordan Subban: "We wouldn't have drafted him anyways... we would have gone over our #$wag cap."
- EOTP First Star of the night: doctorhow for: "What was the boston D thinking? Only possible reasons: 1. They suck 2. They underestimated the sexiness of Thomas’ back pass"
Sekac cuts the lead in half
Christian Thomas ties it up
Drayson Bowman wins it