Montreal Canadiens Links
- Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins Organization. P.K. Subban, his brother, is not. Tuukka Rask apparently wishes that the opposite were true, as he was recorded referring to Malcolm as P.K. I would guess that the adoration likely came immediately after P.K. pump faked him out of his jock in the playoffs, but I'm just speculating.
- TSN Franchise Faceoff is pitting Carey Price against Subban to see who users would pick as their franchise cornerstone if given the choice. That's a pretty tough question for me to answer Spoiler alert: Carey is running away with it.
- Our top 25 under 25 is in full swing, and in case you missed it, Bruce Peter profiled Tim Bozon yesterday.Coming off a bout with meningitis, Bozon will be joining the pro ranks in Hamilton this year and that is great to hear about given the circumstances.
- Unlike Tuukka Rask, Alex Kovalev had some strong words about P.K. Subban, his contract, and whether he's worth it. We have exclusive video of P.K. responding to said comments.
- Sportsnet President Scott Moore took the ice bucket challenge from P.K. Subban, and pledged via twitter to donate $1 for every retweet up to 1000.
Around the NHL
- Steve Simmons continues to spew absolute gems in the twitter world. The Toronto Maple Leafs have according to Simmons, hired a weasel that cannot be trusted in Cam Charron.
- Here's an interesting piece from blogger Jen LC about hockey twitter, online harrassment, and how social media is a powerful tool whether it is used for good or bad.
- Extra Skater is no longer available, so the hockey nerds will need a new website. While this probably gives Steve Simmons all kinds of happy feelings, a lot of us are hoping someone creates a replacement soon.
- The Islanders have been sold, they're moving to Brooklyn, and that is all that I know on the subject. They will probably continue to be annoying to play against in Brooklyn.