Montreal Canadiens News
- EOTP already mentioned P.K. Subban's profile on Breakfast Television, but in case you missed it, Subban told them "Obviously I remain adamant on remaining in Montreal and being a Montreal Canadien, and not just for a long time but hopefully for the rest of my career, and be a lifer there." That's what we want too, P.K.
- It's Sunday, you have time: rewatch Subban's most recent game video highlights.
- Nikita Scherbak's Predraft Interview. His nickname is "Scherby", or "Scherbinator", and he likes the North American game because "less space, less time, the level is very high".
- Sunday Habs Throwback: In 2009, the bleu, blanc, et rouge celebrated their 100th anniversary. As tribute, CBC's Digital Archives had put together a clip show of 14 remarkable moments in Habs history. It includes the first ever televised NHL game in 1952, Maurice Richard's 500th goal, a 1975 New Year's Eve game between the Habs and the Soviet hockey team, and more.
Around the League
- Are you, or someone you know, just starting to get into hockey this summer? The Hockey Writers compiled Hockey 101: A Beginner's Guide to the Sport, which are a great set of links about the basics of the sport. Any questions after that? Head over reddit's r/hockey and their Tenderfoot Tuesdays: Ask r/hockey Anything.
- With the big Toews-Kane contracts about to kick in, can the Chicago Blackhawks still maintain their record of success? It's a tricky question, with good arguments from both sides. Either way, Chicago can't neglect depth on their roster, and their offseason changes are still aiming for an even deeper set of four lines.
- Dominic Moore hosted the annual Smashfest charity pingpong challenge in Toronto. Congratulations on raising $140,000 for concussions and rare cancers research! Pretty heartwarming stuff.