Montreal Canadiens Links
- Director of Player Development Patrice Brisebois resigns from Montreal Canadiens for personal reasons.
- Meet Tom Gilbert, who signed on as a free agent from the Florida Panthers.
- Kris Letang puts Canadiens on his shortlist of acceptable trade destinations. Acquiring a defenceman with his cap hit while Subban is still waiting for arbitration makes no sense for Montreal, but at this point anything goes for Pittsburgh.
- Tim Bozon returns to competitive hockey, and he will play at an Under-23 tournament starting July 31. Just four months ago, Bozon had been induced into a medical coma for a case of severe meningitis. Now he's back on the ice and playing for France. All the best to this guy's future.
Around the NHL
- NHL Offseason Bizarro Rankings - a look back at this summer's big moves.
- Remember this tired joke? "I went to a fight once. A hockey game broke out." But post-lockout, the NHL has been moving away from its old, violent image. Why? Because having skilled fourth line players make teams better .
- What if hockey players played for their hometown teams? Toronto would still find a way to miss the playoffs with a Tavares-Stamkos-Perry lineup, that's what. But take a moment to imagine a Subban-Doughty d-pairing.
- Tom Renney's first concern as the president of Hockey Canada - making the sport accessible. "At the end of the day, we'll do everything we possibly can to make sure that those that have trouble accessing the game for funds get an opportunity to access it in some way through a network of finances."
- Tyler Seguin uses crotch as golf tee.
P.K. Subban did it first.