Montreal Canadiens Links
- Guy Lafleur was asked about the Habs most recent playoff run, and suggested that they shouldn't rest on their laurels. He also suggested that the Habs won't win with players like Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty, since they're not 'ready to pay the price to win'. Someone should probably remind Guy that it takes some players longer than others to get going in the playoffs.
- Glen Sather had never seen Ryan McDonagh play before he acquired him back in 2009.
- Prospect Joonas Nattinen has signed a contract with MODO of the SHL. The 23 spent the last three years in Hamilton, and no one can blame him for seeking greener pastures.
- Marc Bergevin was on TSN 690 to speak with Tony Marinaro and Chris Nilan.
- Prospect Jacob de la Rose has confirmed that he will be coming to North America next year.
- It should come as no surprise to anyone, but Vanek's agent confirmed he'll test out the free agent market this summer.
News & notes from elsewhere around the hockey world
- The league has shortened Dan Carcillo's automatic 10 game suspension, meaning he'll only have to sit 6 games.
- Game 7 of the Western Conference finals was a ratings success in the United-States, topped only by Game of Thrones.
- Now that Rogers owns the NHL rights, expect Sunday games to become a staple when it comes to regularly scheduled hockey nights. City TV is already showing Sunday games on it's schedule.
- The Sharks are expected to host an outdoor game next year.
- Rangers CEO James Dolan is planning an album based on the current playoff run, read all the so-called facts here.