Montreal Canadiens News
- Zachary Fucale was among the goalies invited to take part in Team Canada's program of excellence that's taking place this week.
- Chris Boucher looks at the performance of Andrei Markov and argues for a re-signing.
News and Notes from Around the NHL
- JP Nikota looks at the Leafs' roster and asset management.
- This Stanley Cup final has been benefiting the NHL more than anyone, as the ratings soar.
- NBC's Pierre McGuire now admits he wanted a 5-year contract to be the Penguins GM, while the team was only willing to give him 3.
- Meanwhile, new GM Jim Rutherford went on the radio to discuss his confidence in Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Chris Botta of the Sports Business Journal has reported that in part thanks to a big-market final four in the NHL, revenues are expected to be high. As a result, expect the cap to increase significantly in the next two years. James Mirtle writes about specifics.
- Richard Deitsch from Sports Illustrated hosted a great panel discussion on the state of hockey coverage in the USA, amongst other things.
- The NHL competition committee has proposed a series of rule changes for next year, including amendments on face offs rules, icings, the trapezoid, and more.