Montreal Canadiens News
- News from practice Monday: It looks like Douglas Murray and Ryan White may be in, Francis Bouillon and Brandon Prust may be out. Alex Galchenyuk skated prior to practice. Rene Bourque missed practice with an illness, but is hoping to be in the lineup tomorrow.
- Carey Price lost his two dogs briefly early Monday, but a radio caller in Montreal managed to track them down. Technology is cool.
- P.K. Subban is one of eight players with the chance of appearing on the cover of EA NHL15. You can vote for him here. Sidenote, Doc Emrick, Eddy Olczyk, and Ray Ferraro will be doing the commentary, which is awesome.
- Journal de Montreal is looking for the craziest Canadiens fan out there. If that's you, check this out (French)
- The Edmonton Journal has a good story on Canadiens' Black Ace Devan Dubnyk
- Sean Fitz-Gerald has a nice piece on P.K. Subban, and how confidence has been a part of who he is since his time in juniors
News and Notes from Around the NHL
- Neil Greenberg of the Washington Post writes about the Leafs, Blackhawks, and their differing views on analytics
- Tyler Dellow had an interesting piece in the aftermath of the Subban/Thornton "incident" about how the idea of hitting has evolved over the years. Justin Bourne weighed in on the incident here.
- The Carolina Hurricanes fired head coach and ex Montreal Canadien Kirk Muller and his two assistants following a disappointing three seasons at the helm
- Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, and Claude Giroux were named finalists for the Ted Lindsay award
- New York Islanders GM Garth Snow made a radio appearance, in which he commented on former Canadiens prospect Sebastian Collberg, and other topics
- Winging it in Motown delves into whether "best goalie not playing in the NHL" candidate Petr Mrazek should be with the Wings next year
- Adam Gretz discusses Marian Hossa, a player that will likely go under-appreciated until he retires
- Sean McIndoe writes about Joe Thornton, and how a "loser" label can change into a "winner" label rather fast