Montreal Canadiens News:
- Ginette Reno has been the spirit behind this Canadiens run, and TSN's Michael Farber sat down with her to discuss singing the national anthem, and her recent health troubles.
- Meanwhile, TSN held its last regular season national NHL broadcast for at least 12 years yesterday, but host James Duthie emphasized that they're not going anywhere.
- Carey Price skated shortly by himself prior to practice yesterday, but a return doesn't appear imminent.
- JF Chaumont wrote about the Canadiens' struggling power play (French).
- The London Knights lost early in the Memorial Cup, which concluded a difficult year for prospect Michael McCarron.
News and Notes from Around the NHL:
- The Washington Capitals announced that they have promoted Brian MacLellan to the position of GM, and hired Barry Trotz as head coach. McLellan sat down for a 1-on-1 interview in which he, amongst other things, discussed his willingness to use analytics.
- Helene Elliot writes about the Los Angeles Kings' success and how it is largely the result of scouting and development.
- Eric Tulsky looks at the scouting process in the NHL, specifically the way in which scouts evaluate players.