Montreal Canadiens Links
- I don't know if you've given up yet, but is sure seems like P.K. Subban has not.
- Bruce Arthur talks about how last night was a game of inches, and the Habs came up a little shorter than the Rangers when it mattered. Coming up short last night means the Habs need to come up big now, three times straight.
- Alain Vigneault and Michel Therrien may be playing the role of each other's enemy for now, but the two are actually old friends.
- Daniel Briere channeled his inner Dr. Recchi when discussing his feelings regarding the Derek Stepan injury. Stepan did not play last night, so I'll not yet confer upon Danny the title of Doctor. I'd like to preemptively point out to any visiting Rangers fans that I do not agree with speculating about injuries.
- Pierre LeBrun wrote an interesting piece on David Desharnais, his battles with adversity, and how he is able to continually prove himself.
- Bruce Arthur talks about the little guys on the Canadiens roster, and how those little guys have made a big impact in a bigger man's league.
- Here's an interesting YouTube recap of game three from a Leafs fan. The term Clutchenyuk is involved. You know that alone is going to make you click the link.
News and notes from around the league and elsewhere:
- The Edmonton Oil Kings overcame quite the rocky road, but defeated the Guelph storm to win the Memorial Cup. When they did, they carried the jersey of deceased teammate Kristian Pelss on to the ice with them.
- Russia won the World Hockey Championship. I want to pretend to be humble and happy for them, but all I want to do is make jokes about Sochi.
- Tyler Toffoli is a name that L.A. Kings fans are learning to love. He's doing quite well playing with Jeff Carter this post season.
- There was no Game of Thrones last night, which sucks.