Wow - what a couple of days. I listened to OFF!'s Wasted Years this morning to get me excited, but I certainly didn't lack for inspiration to get amped up for this series.
Before the playoffs, the Rangers were another original six team that ripped us off in the Gomez/Busto-Valentenko/Janik deal and the latest home of the original edition of Rene Bourque, Benoit Pouliot. There wasn't much to really hate about the Rangers. Now, thanks to a decided lack of gentlemen, there's a lot of drama, mind games, and weirdly veiled threats. Lots of storylines, lots on the line, and lots of reasons to watch this game.
How does all that affect tonight's lineup? Welllll, here goes ...
- Brandon Prust is out of the lineup because of a three-game suspension due to a late hit on Derek Stepan. Michael Bournival draws back into the lineup in the first case of a suspension improving the lineup in this series.
- Derek Stepan is out of the lineup because he had jaw surgery and hasn't skated since he was released from the hospital last night. Dominic Moore takes his spot on the number one line.
- Daniel Carcillo is out of the lineup because of a 10 game suspension due to physical abuse of an official. This came about because of retribution for the Prust hit on Stepan. Carcillo is appealing this suspension. Everyone on the Rangers side seems to be blaming Prust and the lack of on-ice penalty for his hit for the shit storm that followed. ok.. sure. This is the second case of a suspension improving a team in this series.
- Derrick Brassard who has been out since game one, comes back into the lineup and skates on the Rangers 3rd line.
- J.T. Miller comes in for the Rangers and takes Carcillo's spot on the 4th line.
- Finally, Francis Bouillon takes Nathan Bealieu's spot on the 3rd defensive pairing. This isn't surprising given Therrien's benching of Beaulieu in the third period of the Thursday's game.
What are you listening to in preparation for tonight's game?
Puck drop is at 8 PM ET
|Max Pacioretty||David Desharnais||Brendan Gallagher|
|Alex Galchenyuk||Tomas Plekanec||Brian Gionta|
|Rene Bourque||Lars Eller||Dale Weise|
|Michael Bournival||Daniel Briere||Thomas Vanek|
|Andrei Markov||Alexei Emelin|
|Josh Gorges||P.K. Subban|
|Francis Bouillon||Mike Weaver|
Scratches: Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, George Parros, Ryan White, Travis Moen, Douglas Murray
Suspensions: Brandon Prust (2 games)
Injuries: Carey Price (knee - out for the series)
The Rangers start today with the following lineup:
|Rick Nash||Dominic Moore||Chris Kreider|
|Carl Hagelin||Brad Richards||Martin St. Louis|
|Benoit Pouliot||Derick Brassard||Mats Zuccarello|
|J.T. Miller||Brian Boyle||Derek Dorsett|
|Ryan McDonagh||Dan Girardi|
|Anton Stralman||Marc Staal|
|John Moore||Kevin Klein|
Scratches: Jesper Fast, Raphael Diaz, Justin Falk
Suspensions: Daniel Carcillo (10 games - appealing)
Injuries: Derek Stepan (jaw surgery - day-to-day)
Check out the opposing side at Blueshirt Banter
This game will be carried on CBC and RDS in Canada and NBCSN in the US.
You can stream the HNIC (CBC) feed here.