Montreal Canadiens News
- Apparently the recently called-up Nathan Beaulieu was not a big fan of Tinordi getting the call to the big club instead of himself once the Olympics were done. No offense to Jarred Tinordi, but neither was I. It's definitely good news that Beaulieu is back with the Habs.
- Peter Budaj gets the start tonight versus the Senators. His last start was a 2-1 win versus the Bruins on March 24th.
- Zachary Fucale won the Jacques Plante trophy, personality of the year, and a nomination to the second all-star team in the QJHML. Prospect Jeremy Gregoire took home the academic player of the year. Both Patrice Brisebois and Gerard Gallant were inducted into the league hall of fame.
- Player development coach Patrice Brisebois gave praise to both Mac Bennett & Tim Bozon.
- Prospect Brady Vail still hopes to find himself with an NHL contract at the end of the season, the clock is ticking.
- Jack Han at Canadiens.com takes a closer look at Masterton candidate David Desharnais' numbers throughout his career.
- Douglas Murray will miss the next three games due to a suspension, as a result of his head shot on Tampa Bay Lightning player Mike Kosta.
News and Notes from Around the League
- Bob Nicholson is stepping down as president of Hockey Canada. Nicholson held the position for over 15 years.
- MATH ALERT! TSN will actually air a primer on advanced stats, presented by Mike Johnson. The movement grows stronger!
- Evander Kane is facing a lawsuit over an alleged assault. Cue the narratives from Winnipeg.
- Adam Gretz takes a look at how Sidney Crosby has carried the Pittsburgh Penguins this year.
- Scott Cullen evaluated the biggest variances in shooting percentages throughout the league.
- Mike Gillis and John Tortorella's relationship seems to be coming to an end. Gillis was on Team 1040 yesterday and expressed some doubt towards Tortorella's future with the team.