Montreal Canadiens Links
- Notes from Monday's practice, as Travis Moen returned to full contact, skating on a fifth line. He got the green light from doctors but isn't expected to play tonight.
- After a ridiculous 3D playoff intro, the Canadiens released a video of just what it felt like inside the arena.
- Steven Stamkos took questions from a rookie reporter in a scrum yesterday...who just happened to be his head coach with a water bottle microphone.
- Speaking of the head coach, only remembered this yesterday but Tampa Bay Lightning Coach Jon Cooper was in a series of "Most Interesting Man" commercials back in his Green Bay days and they don't disappoint.
- Justin Bourne writes about why the no-goal call in game 3 was in fact the right call.
- Ex-NHL referee and current TSN analyst Kerry Fraser outlined exactly why the call was the right one, and discussed how Price has used this loophole to his advantage before. Referee Francis Charron should be applauded.
- The Canadiens brought in French Canadian signing icon Ginette Reno to sing the anthem last game, Journal de Montreal breaks down what went into doing that (French).
- Thomas Vanek isn't revealing his thoughts on free agency, but for now he's enjoying the playoff atmosphere in Montreal.
- Christopher Boucher writes about the things Rene Bourque is doing to be successful that he wasn't doing in the regular season, based on what he has personally tracked.
News and Notes from Around the NHL
- The Edmonton Oilers had a slight shakeup in their front office, replacing a current assistant GM with a new assistant GM. At least they're trying.
- Justin Bourne from the Score also wrote about "chirping" in hockey, and why it's so prevalent.
- Fear the Fin discusses Todd McLellan's decision to put Joe Pavelski back at center.