Montreal Canadiens News
- In case you had somehow forgotten, P.K. Subban is a really good hockey player. Proof. It's worth taking another look at the Palat flip, since it was a result of Subban's awesomeness.
- It wouldn't be the playoffs without controversy, or rather contrived controversy. The problem with the PJ Stocks of the world in this particular situation is that they're wrong, as was clearly explained by Ron MacLean and Elliotte Friedman during the intermission last night.
- Stamkos took an accidental knee to the head last night, but the good news is that he was back in the third period. Hopefully the doctors and medical staff did their jobs right, because it would be a silly to risk the health of one of the best players in the world by sending him back to the ice too early.
- Marc Bergevin is a huge fan of the Habs, who happens to be the general manager.
- CBC took an in-depth look at the Vanek - Desharnais - Pacioretty line, here's the segment.
- The Bell Centre was all dolled up and ready to go for the playoffs, the pre-game ceremony including a very cool 3D pump up video.
- Fans were going all-in on the playoff fever, as the Habs were giving away permanent tattoos during the Fan Jam.
- Andrei Markov is a calming presence when it comes to superstar P.K. Subban, of course we knew that already, but it's interesting that outside media outlets are finally catching on.
- The CBC wrote something nice about P.K. Subban that involved his on-ice play, a refreshing change.
- Finishing off the series series of CBC links; check out Tim Thompson's latest montage masterpiece.
- Rene Bourque has been a man possessed lately, although he's not quite certain how the playoffs work.
- This week's edition of Ice Level with Andrew Berkshire is available here.
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Brent Seabrook was suspended 3 games for his vicious hit on David Backes. No surprise there.
- Not only were the Blackhawks playing dirty, especially after the Backes hit, but there was some taunting going on which can only be described as pathetic.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history via an exciting overtime goal by Matt Calvert.
- In a classy move, the recently fired Barry Trotz took out a full page ad to thank Nashville fans.
- Nathan MacKinnon broke Jared Spurgeon's ankles this weekend during a spectacular goal. He's 18 years old. 18!
- Milan Lucic continued his relentless crusade against groins, this time Danny DeKeyser was the victim.
- The Kings were absolutely slaughtered by the Sharks last night, by the tune of 7-2.