Montreal Canadiens News
- Thankfully, Tim Bozon has recovered from his horrifying bout with meningitis, but he is now facing a huge medical bill. The WHL is launching a campaign, inviting the public to make donations, so look out for that.
- Rene Bourque was taken off the third line and demoted to the fourth in practice. He doesn't sound too happy about it (French).
- The Hamilton Bulldogs have brought prospects Connor Crisp and Brady Vail in on professional tryout agreements for the remainder of the season. The Bulldogs have eight games left and are unlikely to make the playoffs.
- Pat Hickey thinks the Canadiens should sign Andrei Markov to a three-year contract.
- Michel Therrien had some good things to say about captain and UFA Brian Gionta (French).
News and Notes from Around the League
- James Mirtle has been spot on with his Leafs analysis (it helps when you understand score effects), and he talks about their struggles here.
- Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy discusses the NHL's culture of retribution, and other topics.
- Justin Bourne writes about how the Avs have very little chance against the cup champs.
- He also comments on Martin St. Louis' struggles thus far with the Rangers.
- Due to a scheduling conflict, the Flames' mascot couldn't appear at a charity event. He more than made up for it though
- Mike Milbury said something really ridiculous about Alex Ovechkin (what else is new), and Wysh did a good job basically calling him on it here.