Montreal Canadiens Links:
- The good news: Tim Bozon is reported to be improving, although he still remains in a critical state.
- Lowetide opined on the possibility of several restricted free agents receiving offer sheets, P.K. Subban being at the top of that list. We know that Subban has declared several times that he loves playing in Montreal, but the looming threat of an offer sheet could definitely speed up the current negotiations.
- The Hockey News published their team prospect rankings, the Habs were listed in the top 10.
- Jean-Francois Chaumont ventured into the discussion as to where Thomas Vanek should be used in the Habs lineup. (French)
- TSN690 spoke briefly with the aforementioned Thomas Vanek about his debut at the Bell Centre.
- The Vancouver Giants took a look back at prospect Dalton Thrower's WHL career.
News and notes from around the league:
- The man with the golden voice, Bob Cole, said he wanted to 'keep going' after Rogers took control of HNIC. Let's hope his wishes come true, and we keep this national treasure around as long as possible.
- Robert over at Jewels from the Crown has narrowed down the Selke race to two of the best, Anze Kopitar and Patrice Bergeron.
- Dmitry Orlov signed a two year contract extension with the Caps.
- Rich Peverley's season is over, however the good news is that he was released from hospital and visited his teammates during practice.
- Apparently Jets fans can be arseholes, but John Tavares can counter that negativity rather easily due to how awesome he is.
- Jason Spezza giggles too much to be awesome like Tavares, but he's a good guy too.
- Never mess with hockey fans and their beer, or you may end up on the bad side of a $10,000 lawsuit.