Montreal Canadiens News
- Andrei Markov hired a new agent, former Habs player Sergei Berezin. This comes on the heels of rumours that contract extension negotiations with the Canadiens aren't going very well*. (*via 98.5 FM Montreal)
- Mitch Brown took a look at prospect Michael McCarron's journey to the OHL, and his recent progression as a centre.
- Montreal completed a very, very, very, very, very, very minor trade yesterday. Very.
- Michael Bournival took Dale Weise's stick to the face in the game versus the Canucks yesterday, and looked incredibly dazed while on the bench. He didn't return to the game.
- Chris Boyle examined the myths behind the Diaz/Weise trade.
- Pierre McGuire was on TSN 690 and spoke about Lars Eller, the Habs & more.
Other links and news
- The Sochi Olympic opening ceremony officially kicks off the Winter Games today.
- It was a tough day for the Predators. GM David Poile took a puck to the head during practice, and broadcaster Peter Weber suffered a heart attack. We hope they both recover quickly.
- Henrik Lundqvist spoke about the upcoming Olympic Games in Sochi.
- Trade rumours are heating up in the Western Conference, there are whispers that Sam Gagner might be moving to LA.
- An opportunistic man in Phoenix is trying to cash in on the name switch to the Arizona Coyotes.
- Steve Burtch dissected the difference between coincidence and causation, centering on Tyler Bozak.
More from Eyes On The Prize
- Canadiens vs Canucks Top Six Minutes: Live and Let Diaz Edition
- Michael Bournival injury: Canadiens forward out with upper body injury
- Winter Olympics 2014: Henrik Sedin drops out, Mikael Backlund is reportedly in for Sweden
- Steve Quailer traded to the LA Kings in exchange for Robert Czarnik
- Winter Olympics 2014: Martin St. Louis named to Team Canada, replacing Steven Stamkos
- Winter Olympics 2014 Preview: Canadian men's hockey team
- 2013-14 Game 58: Montreal Canadiens vs Vancouver Canucks
- Thursday Habs Links: Raphael Diaz is back in Montreal
- Steven Stamkos out of Sochi Olympics
- Winter Olympics 2014: Finland's Mikko Koivu running out of time
- Winter Olympics 2014 preview: Sweden men's hockey team
- Winter Olympics 2014 Preview - USA men's hockey team