Montreal Canadiens Links
The Sports Business Journal is reporting that the NHL is considering an outdoor game at Gillette Stadium (home of the New England Patriots and Revolution) between the Canadiens and the Bruins. Having been to the last outdoor game in Boston I can say that it would probably be a whole lot of fun.
Sportsnet looks into Carey Price as he prepares for an exciting journey to Sochi. He's going there to win.
Around The NHL
James Mirtle writes about the great season Phil Kessel's having, and some of the reasons behind it.
Matt Pfeffer takes a look at the sustainability of shooting percentage - ever a controversial subject in the world of analytics - over at Hockey Prospectus.
Unexpectedly, after his hat-trick against the Caps, Gustav Nyquist has been chosen to replace John Franzen on Team Sweden.
Mike Colligan writes about the quiet decline of Brooks Orpik, who probably shouldn't have been on Team USA.
And finally, please help our own Scott Matla out by taking his survey on your perception of fighting as a hockey fan. Only takes about a minute!
- Winter Olympics Hockey 2014 Preview
- Winter Olympics 2014 preview: Finland men's hockey team
- Winter Olympics 2014 Preview: Czech Republic men's hockey team
- Who is Dale Weise?: The newest Montreal Canadien
- The value of Raphael Diaz: Why trading him was a mistake
- Raphael Diaz traded: Canadiens defensemen sent to Canucks for Dale Weise
- Complete coverage of the Diaz/Weise trade
- Why did Michel Therrien change the Canadiens' system?
- Monday Habs Links: Therrien frustrated by the refs