- The Dallas crowd screams the word "stars" along with the singer every time it comes up in the American anthem. It's fantastic. "O say, does that "STARS!"-spangled/ Banner yet wave/ O'er the land of the free/ And the home of the brave?"
- Sending some good vibes along to no.58, Sven Andrighetto right now. First NHL game, hope he performs well.
- For the sake of the holiday spirit, I wish the Habs were wearing their red jerseys here to complement the Dallas green.
- Stars PP goal by Eakin, 6 seconds in. Dallas is now 1/1 on the PP.
- Someone tell the Habs that there's an entirely unexplored half of the ice where the Stars hide their net.
- Malholtra finally breaks away and explores this brave new world, like Christopher Columbus if Columbus was less into exploiting natives and more into playing hockey. Didn't score, so I guess like a less successful Christopher Columbus too.
- I'm watching Cody Eakin's intermission interview. He looks like a lost Weasley sibling.
- Mike Weaver's not coming back - Habs are finishing this game with 5 defensemen, but no worries - it's not as if we haven't been stockpiling d-men like toilet paper in the apocalypse.
- Is it wrong that I'm a bit gleeful over the Weaver injury because this means Tinordi or Beaulieu might get another chance?
- Plekanec and Pacioretty got penalties. 50% of our captains go into a box.
- Stars PP goal by Seguin. The crowd is screaming "SEGUIN! SCORES!".
- This Dallas chanting thing is getting less charming now.
- Price comes all the way out to the blue line, gets the puck, gets tangled up in his pads, and almost turns the puck over. Then he recovers and dangles it away from a Stars player. Goddamn.
- The announcers just spent half a minute talking about Seguin's tattoos, accompanied by a professional catalogue-esque photo of Seguin reclining gently while dressed like a One-Direction member. I had a moment of homer's outrage, because you know what? Isn't one of the Habs equally dreamy? Where's our segment?
- Stars 4-on-4 goal by Seguin, he scored so fast that the puck was in net before the penalties were even called.
- Okay, but how cool would it be if the Habs scored four goals in a row to come back in the last period? What? Stop laughing.
- Habs goal by number 58, SVEN ANDRIGHETTO. Comeback now 25% complete.
- Or just...you know, cancel the comeback. Whatever.
- Stars empty net goal by Garbutt. Because of course.
EOTP Three Stars
1. Cirno - because even the graphs mock us
2. Kirn - who needs shots on goal?