So oddly enough it's been the Riley Nash show in Raleigh tonight. Nash has about a billion shots and the rest of the Hurricanes have negative eleventy billion. Thankfully for a dull Canadiens squad Price has had their backs and stopped everything Nash has thrown at him. And yes, Brendon Nash is Riley's brother. If you blinked you might have missed his two game stint with that Habs during the 2010-11 season.
Pretty typical 2014-15 first period for the Habs except the shots actually favoured the Habs for once. Listless, lacking jump, no real strong consistent pressure, and Carey Price saving the team's bacon. Things definitely got better from the Gallagher-Gonchar called off goal onwards, but overall a first period we are used to seeing from the Habs.
Anyone catch that shaky Sportsnet after the commercial jump where they seemingly came back from commercial early and caught Chantal Desjardins unaware? Would never have happened on the CBC's watch I tell ya.
First period trivia - which other members of the Carolina/Hartford franchise have played 800 games for the team? Ron Francis and Glen Wesley.
|NONE (not too bad)|
|04:23||CAR||Brad Malone Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Brandon Prust and for being kind of a jerk|
|04:23||MTL||Brandon Prust Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Brad Malone|
In This Stream
More From Eyes On The Prize
- Alex Belzile placed on waivers by the Montreal Canadiens
- Montreal Canadiens lines at practice: Niku, Hoffman closer to debut
- EPR: Frederik Dichow gets his first win of the season
- Links: Looking to Suzuki and Caufield to propel offence
- Rocket @ Senators recap & highlights: Belleville brings Laval back down to earth
- Recap: The Habs Lie Down for Broadway