- Bowman's addition (recalled in lieu of Bournival's injury) puts pressure on Moen and Bourque to perform.
- Arpon Basu questions the timing of the call up. Could someone be #AlmostTraded?
#5 Guy Lapointe
- Guy! Guy! Guy! Guy! Raining down from the Bell Centre faithful while Pointu does he darnedest not to tear up.
- I'm really hoping Serge Savard & Larry Robinson's banners come down to raise up along side #5. It's about time The Big Three are reunited.
- Hard not to see the similarities between Lapointe and Subban, but PK's got a lot of work cut out ahead of him to match.
- The Game of Thrones theme song plays as Savard & Robinson hit center ice. Is Larry a Lannister?
- Larry turns away from center ice to address Pointu directly, intimately, after Serge's formal speech. What a guy! Can we keep him? Pretty sure we could find some space behind the bench...
- YES! #18 & #19 lowered, Markov and Subban deliver #5, and The Big Three are together once again. Forever.
- Well played, Montreal. Well played.
- Shout-out to Stephanie Lapointe, whose efforts last year to send #5 to the rafters was clearly heard, loud and clear.
- Be honest. You didn't really expect the game to start at 7pm sharp, did you?
- We have puck drop!
- #5 behind the nets and poppies on the helmets.
- Maybe the reason the Habs powerplay numbers are so bad is that they always negate the man advantage by taking a penalty of their own.
- Hearing Koivu's name during a Habs game will never get old.
- Puck is taking a lot of awkward bounces tonight, frustrating the Habs skill players like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. My money's on the grinders tonight.
- Malholtra falls hard on top of Price during a scramble. Price seen favoring his blocker hand shortly after. #TrustInDustin?
- These low scoring games make it a lot easier to harvest "highlights."
- Sekac sets up the Habs best chance to score thus far.
- Therrien follows up with the Habs 4th line to take the the offensive zone faceoff...
- Gallagher has zero points in the last nine games. That'll change soon. Book it.
- SPEAK OF THE DEVIL! GALLY SCORES AND IT'S 1-0 HABS!
- The SEPtic line of Prust-Eller-Sekac dominate the Wild for a full shift and come within inches of making it 2-0.
- Oy vey. Markov turns the puck over in the neutral zone (to Vanek of all people!) and there's little Subban can do to diffuse the 3-on-1.
- Tie game.
- Galchenyuk is a warm knife cutting through refrigerated butter.
- Plekanec just threw an Emelin-scale hip-check. Wow.
- LARS!!! On a play that started with Sekac's second effort to get the puck on net. 2-1 Habs.
- After a lackluster first period, the pace improved toward the end of the second. Will the Habs momentum carry over?
- Habs appear to score after Prust takes a bite out of the post thanks to a Niederreiter check from behind.
- Good goal! Sekac gets credit! Maybe we can finally put that #FreeSekac business behind us.
- Pominville responds by crashing his way through Carey Price with a little help from Markov.
- Desharnais came this | | close to making it 4-1. Post.
- Pacioretty doesn't miss! 4-1!
- It took awhile, but the Canadiens finally found their offense.
- Habs should trade for Mikko Koivu. Make it happen, Bergevin!
- Last time the Habs scored 4 goals, they were defeating Boston in their home opener.
- A 5th goal here for Pointu would be the icing and maraschino cherry on the cake!
- Beaulieu in what may very well have been his first NHL fight. Chalk it up as a win.
- Maybe the Habs should have pregame ceremonies every game.
- That's all she wrote, folks! Thanks for reading.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. It wasn't as bad as you'd think.
2. Probably for the best.
1. Michel Therrien made Crosby: "Shidney, I em your fodder."
#5 is home:
Slap it like Gally:
Prust sacrifices his face:
Sekac is here to stay, right?
Icing on the cake: