- The MSG-B broadcasting team is trying to set this game up as a clash of two storied NHL franchises. Not sure I buy the idea that Buffalo is a storied franchise in the same vein as the storied franchise of the Canadiens.
- First Niagara Centre doesn't have the same ring to it as the ol'Aud
- The Buffalo Sabres - this should be easy for the Canadiens right?
- Every time they call out Enroth it sounds like Enron
- Breaks my heart to see pushing and shoving between Gio and PK
- Love these older style Sabres jerseys - I almost expect Lou Franceschetti and Mike Ramsay to hop over the boards to take a shift. Still don't see them as a storied franchise
- Of course the new guy Tangradi was on the ice for that Ennis goal.
- Not a lot going right for the Sabres this season, but nice effort by Ennis on that goal. MSG-B announcers lost it on that goal, not sure it was a goal of the year, but fun to watch.
- Why can't Mike Foligno's kid wear one of those ugly lids his dad used to wear? It'd be a perfect fit for these jerseys. If he can't do that how about a Rick Vaive horse collar?
- Gonch had a couple of nice shifts that showed how far instincts can go to make up for other declining abilities. Like someone mentioned a few games ago - Gonchar's current play is a preview of what Markov will become in a couple of years.
- MSG-B played the most disturbing anti-smoking commercial I have seen in a long time. Bombarded by these and Cellino & Barnes commercials, I'm not sure I'll last.
- If the Sabres can ever develop all these young talents properly they will be scary, then again this is the Sabres we're talking about.
- What was the point of that Prust-Stewart fight?
- Another first period, another disappointment for Habs.
- Drew Stafford does not come back for the second period and looks to be gone for the game... to quote A Mighty Wind "wha happened?"
- Stafford is the Sabres second leading scorer because no one else wanted the job.
- When do we get to decide for once and for all who has won the Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian swap?
- PK was said to have taken a screened shot and of course I heard "screen shot". I must have those three stars for TSM on the brain.
- Tangradi and Kaleta try their best to earn game misconducts and get thrown out of this truly boring game. I kid. Tangradi trying to make a case to stay with the team. Nice to see... yada yada yada
- 'Renegade' is in attendance tonight and the broadcast crew makes their best attempt at making it sound like Lorenzo Lamas is Hollywood royalty.
- That Moulson shot - daaaamn.
- Prust shows Tangradi how to get chucked off the ice.
- Stairway denied!
- Well at least the Habs haven't given up a million shots - almost but not quite.
- Strachan profiled between the second and third periods. Loooooves country music, hates rap. It's like he's an 1980s wrestling heel.
- If the Sabres had scored on Price in a situation like that we'd all be livid. But I'll take that goal!
- P.A. seems to be the leader for the Habs in the category of scoring goals when we absolutely need them
- Funny how a 1-1 tie can create some meaningful tension in an otherwise awful game
- That was a PP goal?! It's been so long since I've seen one, I forgot what they looked like.
- This game better not go to OT (this game is definitely going to OT and then a shootout).
- I change my mind these Tim Horton's Bake Shop commercials are the most horrifying.
- Marcus Foligno ditches his lid and instead of donning his dad's old helmet, goes in for a check without nothing on his dome at all
- MSG mentioned #55 while I was looking away and I thought they were talking about Gonchar until they said, "This young man..."
- This has suddenly taken a turn for the interesting. I hope it's interesting enough that we avoid OT
- Didn't you like how the presence of Allen totally scared Gio and the Sabres and they didn't retaliate at all against that Emelin hit?
- Emelin hit suspendable? I'm not entirely sure, but it'd be the Habs luck that we'd lose Emelin to suspension, Gilbert comes back in, but we see Allen and Gonchar getting a ton more ice time.
- Matt Moulson was due.
- That was ugly
- Therrien can say, "See the dump works! Buffalo scored the game winning goal on a dump."
- What a loss.
EOTP 3 STARS
3. Fittingly a three-way tie for third, touché indeed:
2. If only kids didn't need sustenance
1. Says it all