- My first time watching Hometown Hockey, otherwise known as Ron McLean's demotion.
- It's not bad.
- Darryl Sutter looks better with his white hair.
- I hate how men are better with age. No fair, WTF.
- Wait, Red Deer is known as The Big Smoke? Um, I think that nickname is taken.
- "Andrei Makrov." I can't.
- Sportsnet, you've had a month. Come on, man.
- Everybody's wearing their poppy. I got mine yesterday (I already lost it)
- The Sutters are an exceptional family. "Be happy with who you are, and what you've got." Amen.
- Gallagher is always under everybody's skin.
- Galchenyuk's lip is already bloody?
- But sure, let's call a penalty on Moen.
- Weise and Malhotra sure have wheels.
- Even strength Calgary goal. Got 'em where we want 'em!
- Bit of a snooze now. Because it's Sunday, and Sunday hockey is wrong.
- Playing like they care: Weise, Price and Gallagher. The rest need a Red Bull or something.
- So does the Bell Centre, doing its best church mouse imitation.
- Therrien might look like he belongs at a speakeasy, but it works. Snappy combo tonight, Michel.
- Followed by a Dumb and Dumber To ad. Sorry, the joke is too easy.
- Shots are 14 to TWO? I'll give you a shot: shoot me.
- Patch is also trying.
- If I had four fingers, I'd only need one hand to count the Habs' shots this period.
- 2-0 Calgary. The boys are going to have brand-new orifices to start the second: bold prediction. Brand. New. Orifices.
- Calgary has a shot in the first 20 seconds. You guys, WTF.
- Weise still caring. He's going to get one tonight. I mean, if the Habs score at all.
- I'm knitting, and telling my dogs to buzz off, it's not dinner time yet. Stupid daylight savings.
- Hey, anything to entertain myself during this game, since the game is not actually entertaining me.
- Oh look, another Flames power play.
- Nobody plays the puck like Carey Price, man.
- Habs trying hard, turns into Flames trying to stop them too hard. Habs' power play? This is weird. Will they do something?
- Emelin with a penalty for ... what? Diving, maybe? I don't get it. I'm frigging done with this game, but I have a piece to write.
- Hey - let's make it a five on three!
- Price is going to have to be a one-man team again, isn't he?
- The Flames flat out blew those 11 seconds. Thank god. And Price continues to commit grand larceny against them.
- Patch with a good short-handed chance. Right now it feels like we're never gonna score.
- Tonight's big, guys, Tampa's gaining on us. Will you please wake up???
- Early candidate for this instalment's title: 60 minutes I'm never getting back.
- 3-0 Flames. Can't Bergevin do what I do with my kids: your allowance reflects what you earn. Not just paying you for doing nothing. What in the &*$@# is going on. I seriously have way better things to do.
- If I had 11 fingers total, I could count on two hands the total shots this game so far.
- Garbage. Garbage. Garbage. It's the FLAMES. Stop it!
- OK, Patch scored. I may have had to race from the kitchen to write this. Weise with the assist!
- Turning it on in the third period is a very irritating habit.
- Weaver gets a penalty, also looks like he has a fly on his face. Your TV too?
- My current biggest worry this evening is that I accidentally added rosemary to my bolognese sauce - I won't tell my kids so you can't either. I DO NOT care about this game anymore.
- 4-1, Flames. This couldn't be stupider.
- Do we see Angry Therrien tonight?
- That's what I meant to add to the sauce, I still did, that will probably make it better. Trying to fish the rosemary out has been way funner than watching this game.
- 5-1 Flames. There aren't enough paper bags.
- Speaking of bags ... bag skate. BAG SKATE.
- 5-2. Thanks Eller, but I just don't care.
- The Hometown tour is coming to Burnaby? OK, that's been the best news this game.
- Therrien is letting his frustration show. Price comes out of the net, Calgary gets the empty-netter.
- 6-2. That was our winning formation in my high school volleyball team. Can't beat the 6-2.
- There is no excuse for this game. Or even a reason. This, coupled with the Leafs' win last night, has easily made the centre of the universe's year (otherwise known as Toronto).
- Chicago Tuesday. I'm ... scared.
3. Our first line is basically whatever line Galchenyuk is on.
Our second best line is Pacioretty-Plekanec on the PK.
2. They just flashed "full strength" on the screen. That’s just a bald faced lie.
Chiefs win the Super Bowl.
Habs win the Stanley Cup.
Raptors are marginally relevant in the NBA.
Then I can die happy.
I make pictures - www.davemurrayillustration.com
Pacioretty scores thanks to some good work by Desharnais in front of the net:
The other goal: