- First things first, I guess i should introduce myself. My name is Mike Darnay, from PensBurgh, and I am really excited that Andrew, one of my fellow firemen, invited me to come do a guest post here. I love the Penguins and my two pugs. And i unequivocally love Evgeni Malkin.
- Olli Maatta back in action, just 2 weeks after having a cancerous tumor removed from his neck after being expected to miss 4 weeks. What an incredible young man.
- How long will the Canadian and American anthems be tonight? 5 minutes? 10? Somewhere in between? Will there be any pre-game festivities tonight? Questions will become answers soon!
- I do not have these answers! Root Sports did not show me the anthems!
- Thank God for Kris Letang. Pens giving up a breakaway to Alex Galchenyuk 30 seconds into the game is less than ideal.
- Feels like the game could be VERY back-and-forth with lots of speed for both teams as we've seen in recent years.
- Sergei Gonchar appreciation moment. I can also appreciate Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher. They're all great.
- Wow. Beau Bennett with a nasty wrist shot right in the slot to put the Penguins ahead 1-0. Incredible shot.
- Kris Letang with the pass of a lifetime to feed Steve Downie to make it 2-0. Remarkable stuff from Letang. What is depth scoring?!
- Jiri Sekac can just fly. His speed is ridiculous. Pens are going to get flat footed if they keep letting him enter the zone with speed.
- I would like very much for the Penguins to not let Zach Sill match up against Max Pacioretty any more.
- P.K. Subban is such an amazing skater. I feel like not enough people appreciate watching him play.
- Really good first 20 minutes for the Penguins, and most certainly Bennett's best period of his NHL career thus far. He was all over the place. The Pens spotting themselves a 2-0 lead with no production from the Crosby or Malkin units is just enormous.
- Ho hum, the Penguins 3rd line. Early into the 2nd period, Bennett makes a ridiculous pass to Brandon Sutter who puts one in the net off of the bar. 3-0 Penguins.
- No clue how Spaling and Malkin somehow came up with a 2-on-1. Spaling off the cross-bar, interesting how everyone seems to be shooting high on Carey Price.
- Still waiting for that vintage Montreal-crowd induced penalty.........
- Really though, both the Pens and Habs defense have been limiting action through the slot and middle of the ice for one another.
- There's the penalty! Just kidding, it was a good call haha.
- For a Canadiens PP unit that has struggled, they have a lot of weapons capable of producing. Gonchar and Subban together on the points seems like it will be a lot of fun to watch.
- Root Sports just informed me that the Canadiens won 6 Stanley Cup's in the 1970's. Uh, that's pretty good.
- Sidney Crosby hasn't scored in eight games, what a bum.
- Canadiens going back to the power play with 3:00 left in the period smells like a Gonchar goal to me. (Nope).
- WHAT A BUM. Crosby. 4-0. Fantastic. Kunitz got away with an interference leading up to the goal.
- I don't expect the Canadiens to score 4 goals, but i'm curious to see how the Penguins do at shutting things down during the 3rd period.
- Habs can't catch a break. Pens are blocking everything they can.
- When the Habs are getting clean looks, Fleury has been on his angles and playing pucks pretty clean, keeping any rebounds from winding up in a good shooting spot.
- Just noticed Blake Comeau for the first time tonight. Playing on Crosby's line tonight, it's hard to look bad. Not being noticeable isn't terrible though.
- The Canadiens are a much more likable team than they used to be. I don't know what it is. Perhaps I am finally over 2010, Jaroslav Halak, and Mike Cammalleri /cries
- At this exact moment, I discovered that the Toronto Maple Leafs are playing at home and losing at 7-0 to the Nashville Predators. Chin up, my friends from Quebec.
- Habs aren't going down without a fight. Fleury playing really well though. Really dialed in.
- This was a fun game. Penguins played a little sloppy at times through the 3rd period, but a 4-goal lead gives you that luxury.
- Honestly, did not hear Lars Eller's name until there were 3 minutes left in the game.
- Sekac is so good. SO good. Jealous of the skilled, young talent at the forward position for the Habs.
- Road shutout in Montreal. Sweet.
EOTP (Pensburgh) 3 Stars of the Game
3rd Star: Jiri Sekac, he rules
2nd Star: Olli Maatta, for reasons previously stated
1st Star: Beau Bennett, 1G, 2A, great game
Seriously, a big thanks to Andrew and everyone here at EOTP for having me to do this. I had a ton of fun with it. You're all aces in my book.