I would love to listening to Mickey Redmond at this point, but I got saddled with Garry Galley. I think I may resent Galley because he was part of the Bruins of the late 80s and early 90s and pretty much everyone from that era of the Bruins annoys me aside from Greg Hawgood. It might also be that Galley always sounds like he's struggling to come up with material on the fly. I never feel that he's done his due diligence of preparation for the game. And of course he has - he's a professional, but his delivery just sounds like he's grasping for commentary.
Speaking of grasping for commentary I'm struggling coming up with anything after a not particularly noteworthy first period. It's the second game in a back-to-back. The first game was exciting and featured the Canadiens breaking out of some bad tendencies. This game, in which the Habs once again don't light the lamp in the first, can be seen as a slight letdown in comparison. The bright side of a scoreless first period is that it's still anybody's game - evenly matched first which is exactly where you want to be in a back to back on the road.
|12:10||DET||Joakim Andersson Interference - 2 min against Tomas Plekanec|
|17:53||MTL||Lars Eller Holding - 2 min against Justin Abdelkader|
In This Stream
More From Eyes On The Prize
- Habs @ Kraken: Game preview
- Lions Bites: Finding heart against the Heartlanders
- BSM 25: Habs learn an important lesson in barn burner
- Links: Habs prospects competing for a spot at the 2023 World Junior Championship
- TSM: Let’s never speak of this game again
- [Highlight] It’s another late go-ahead goal from Josh Anderson