- Habs looking for their fifth straight win, which would also give them sole possession of first place in the league. Not bad, eh?
- Do yourself a favor and mosey over here to review the Canadiens' official stats history. Let's play "spot the current Habs" on the list.
- What you find may surprise you. Especially in the goaltending categories.
- Carey Price is 20 Ws away from passing Bill Durnan for 4th place for most career wins with Montreal.
- After that? Dryden, Roy and Plante.
- Oh hey, a powerplay! Go-Go-Gadget Gonchar!
- Pacioretty gets a shot off from the slot and...
- PARENTEAU!!! 1-0 Habs.
- Caught up on last week's episode of 24CH before the game. Loved the segment on Parenteau's long road to the NHL. Hard not to respect his story and work ethic.
- Not unlike Desharnais' journey to the NHL.
- Speaking of which... DAVEY!!!! 2-0 Habs with a second consecutive powerplay goal.
- Timeout Philly.
- Pacioretty and Markov have assists on both PP goals. Gonchar not picking up the points, but he's making Markov and the powerplay better.
- So what about PK? Well, he'll be fresher for 5-on-5 play, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
- It took 18 games, but the Habs might finally hold a lead for the first time heading into the first intermission!
- Still 10 minute left to play in the period though, so... anti-jinx?
- How does Gallagher end up with a penalty after Grossman ties up two Canadiens behind his own net?
- Malholtra shorthanded breakaway... save.
- I'm so jealous of that fan who just took a selfie with Youppi!
- Habs take a lead into the first intermission. Finally.
- Since Sekac took Bourque's spot in the lineup, Habs are 4-0 and have outscored opponents 14-3 (or 16-3 including the first period of this game).
- The Sabres are up 2-0 against the Maple Leafs heading into the second period, too.
- This can't be the same Canadiens I've been watching all season on the powerplay. Can't be. Nope. I refuse to...
- HOLY LASER BEAMS, SUBBAN!
- 3-0 Habs thanks to an unbelievable pass from Galchenyuk to set up PK's one-timer.
- Three powerplays. Three goals. It's okay, you don't have to believe me.
- Prust fights Rinaldo and hurts his elbow as he falls to the ice.
- He probably shouldn't have bothered with the fight given the score, but both he and Rinaldo shared some wide grins in the box after the bout. No bad blood here.
- Alright, who said shutout? 3-1.
- Well that didn't last long. Plekanec makes it 4-1.
- Not so fast: goalie interference? Holding penalty? Still 3-1. #BlameGallagher
- Plekanec joins Gallagher in the box and Flyers have a 5-on-3.
- Habs kill it off!
- Montreal might be one of the best teams in the league exiting the penalty box.
- Plek almost scores after being sprung for a partial breakaway.
- Schenn scores again. Carey is pissed. 3-2 game. Ruh roh.
- Gonchar rips an honest shot from the point. Parenteau tips it with a high stick.
- *Jeopardy music*
- GOOD GOAL! 4-2 Habs.
- WHAT WAS THAT!? That dog pile will be featured in highlight reels the rest of the week for all of the wrong reasons. 4-3.
- To the refs credit, the puck was always free. But you rarely see a scrum of that magnitude go uncalled.
- I swear to hockey gods in their ice palaces, it's a universal hockey rule that hooking penalties always result in PP goals against the Habs.
- Of course now the ref blows the play dead with a loose puck in Emery's crease. Gallagher and the Bell Center crowd are not amused.
- Sekac has had a quiet evening. Ditto Eller. Hard to get going with all the penalties tonight.
- DUTCH GRETZKY DALE WEISE!
- 5-3 Habs with 6 minutes to play. You can stop holding your breath now.
- Gonchar now has 800 career points with his second assist of the game.
- Weise picks up another goal as the puck redirects off of him into the net.
- 6-3 Habs and it's about as safe as ever to serenade the Flyers with Olé'.
- Game. Over.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Bergevin's most underrated trade?
2. Pretty much:
1. A visiting Flyers' fan asked an honest question and we couldn't stop laughing. Joke's on us!
A powerplay goal? Against a team that isn't Boston!?
Another powerplay goal? Surely you jest.
Last time Habs scored 3 PP goals was in 2012.
To Rinaldo's credit, Philly started to score after this fight:
Parenteau does it again!
Dutch Gretzky fresh off his Gordie Howe hat-trick:
Game. Set. Match.