- Capitals' red light special effects make the players look like they're entering through a portal from hell.
- Caps goal. I'm torn between feeling angry as a Habs fan, and feeling kinda happy for the Cap rookie's successful NHL debut. His parents are in the building! Aww.
- Subban plays aggressive against Ovechkin. The ensuing powerplays we have to kill are not worth it, jeez.
- 2 minutes left in first, and Montreal has two shots on goal vs. Washington's 15. Burakovsky sums up what I'm feeling right now:
- Today is one of those weird days when Bourque became the best player on ice for a shift. Really getting physical, throwing his weight around.
- Habs ends the period with two shots, 0 regular strength. Who thinks Michel Therrien is calm and gentle right now?
- Here a fun game to play when network hockey analysts are being boring. Pretend they're analysing a X-rated dirty movie. "He's got amazing vision, a good angle, and a great stick.", "Well, there's not a chance he's getting off after one minute.", "When you're getting hammered out there, you don't want to get behind."
- Brandon Prust fights O'Brien, (#8 vs. #87). There's something wrong about seeing the number 87 in red and blue.
- WHAT. A. CALL.
- Capitals make a play for the net, but blocked by Mike Weaver. Can't believe software developers are already renaming Adblock "Adweaver".
- You know what I think is Subban's biggest problem? He's so good at hockey - and he knows this as a fact - that when the rest of the world refuses to comply and let him be good at hockey, it doesn't even compute. He gets so easily frustrated.
- Gallagher+DD+Pacioretty. Me like-y.
- Raise your hand if you're tired of people predicting Galchenyuk's "breakout" season.
I don't want to jinx anything, but in every TSM I've done so far, the Habs take a bunch of penalties and then lose. If we lose this one, EOTP might have to cancel the rest of my TSMs for the year.
- Alex Ovechkin has being classic Ovechkin so far. He's plays rough and fast; he makes no apologies for who he is or what he plays like. Immensely talented, but also immensely annoying. Reminds me of a precocious five year old who asks you uncomfortable questions about adult topics.
- Habs blue line are playing like they're ambivalent about winning.
- The arena DJ is playing that Iconapop song. You know, the one that screams "I don't care" over and over again.
- YES, PARENTEAU.
- ...NO, BOURQUE.
YES, PLEKANEC. (100% accurate gif of that goal) A friend texted me before the game that, by his calculations, Tomas Plekanec is on track for a 164-goal season. Sounds legit.
- YES, BOURQUE
Overtime and Shootout
- Subban goes for a stretch pass. In a better world, there would be no global warming, and that pass would have connected.
- Alex Ovechkin charging solo down the ice, in the last 30 seconds of OT, is the stuff that mothers tell baby goaltenders at night to get them to behave.
- Tokarski was the best Hab out there. Period.
EOTP 3 Stars