- After being eliminated by the Habs, the Tampa Bay Lightning responded with a 7-1 drubbing of Les Glorieux last week.
- Can the Canadiens mirror the response against the Rangers?
- Carey Price *says* he doesn't hold any grudges, but let's wait and see if he gives Kreider any how-do-you-dos tonight.
- Canada united through hockey to mourn the loss of Nathan Cirillo and Patrice Vincent tonight. [Watch]
- It's a moment, as a Canadian, I will not forget.
- Let's be honest here. It wasn't until about five minutes into the game that I was able to shake off the chills. The pregame ceremony and national anthems in Ottawa were something else.
- Carey Price leaves his net to play the puck... directly on a Rangers' stick. Recovered nicely with a pokecheck to correct his error.
- Alex Galchenyuk with a covert slew-foot on Rangers Captain Ryan McDonagh.
- Plekanec is due for a goal about now, eh? Edit: Yep.
- To no one's surprise, Chris Kreider booed vehemently by the Bell Centre crowd each time he has the puck.
- Subban trips over Emelin and takes Brassard's stick to the throat area on the way down.
- Both defensemen allowed to change on an icing as they were conveniently shaken up. Both on the ice for their next shift, no worse for wear.
- HOLY COW, MAN. How are Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty allowed to go on a 2-and-0 while shorthanded? How!? [GIF]
- Plekanec with his first shorthanded goal of the season. Notice how I said first.
- It should be mentioned that Patches and Plek passed the puck back and forth so many they almost ruined it.
- Oh hey, Habs scored first!
- Dominic Moore distracts Price as he gets shoved into the net. Hagelin scores shortly after. Tie game.
- Carey Price uses his face to save a sure goal by Zuccarello.
- Let's see what Don Cherry has to say about the events in Ottawa and St. Jean this week...
- You never know what you're going to get from the Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher line. One shift they're heavily outplayed, the next they look like they'll score five.
- Markov can stretch a pass like the best of them.
- P.A. Parenteau is smart. When Subban and Galchenyuk are working their magic he sits back and waits for his opportunity to clean up.
- Bourque slashes like a lumberjack trying to cut down the tree of life. Somehow evades a penalty.
- Prust and Klein get five for fighting. Was I the only one that thought Prust looked like he was in pain before the first punch was thrown? [Watch]
- Not going to lie, Klein looks so much like Kreider I was a bit too enthusiastic to see that fight start.
- Montreal native Anthony Duclair picks up his fifth assist of the season on Hagelin's goal. Names Saku Koivu as his favorite player growing up. He's not alone.
- Joke of the night: Dale Weise tries a cross-crease pass to Rene Bourque. Just shoot. Please.
- Markov and Parenteau almost give the Habs the lead, but the puck bobbles on top of the net and stays out.
- Carey's crease is covered in mustard.
- LARS! 'bout time.
- Danish monkey spotted fleeing the Bell Centre.
- Breaking news: Travis Moen just won a foot race.
- Martin St. Louis is playing center? in the third period. New York really reaching for offense.
- Habs taking a lot of icings right now. They need to regain momentum and press for another goal. One might not cut it.
- Tanner Glass just thumped Gallagher in open ice. It's rare, but the hit was enough to send Gally to the dressing room.
- Pacioretty crouched all alone in the slot in front of King Henrik. Weise with the backhand assist from behind the net.
- 3-1 game gives Price some breathing room.
- Replay shows Gallagher's own stick whipping him across the chin. Annnnd he's back on the bench. Anyone surprised? Anyone? Bueller?
- The Rogers HNIC crew highlighting how Subban uses his rear to box out opposing players.
- Icing is this game's offside.
- Rangers pull the goalie but nothing comes of it.
- Carey Price was everything we expect him to be. Makes you wonder what could have been had he not be injured in Round 3.
3) Hockey is a social sport.
2) Sekac watches eagerly from the press box.
1) Not Even Close Bourque.
Still gives me the chills:
No pass too many:
How's that shoulder, Prust?
Notice how this play all starts with Bourque missing the net:
Carey covers his crease in mustard:
Karma for all his passes to Plekanec on goal #1: