- Jiri Sekac sits for Dale Weise and Pavel Datsyuk makes his season debut for the Red Wings.
- Why do I have a bad feeling about this one?
- Sara Diamond just won the Canadiens' anthem competition, right?. They didn't even need one.
- Habs vs Wings isn't much a rivalry these days, but give them one playoff series and that'll change quick.
- Habs forwards best keep their head up when Niklas Kronwall is on the ice.
- DD takes a 'holding the stick' penalty behind the Wings' net, 200 feet from his own.
- Pacioretty on a shorthanded 2-on-1 with Plek, and he tries to pass! He's not going to score 40 playing like that.
- With Darren Helm screening him, Carey Price takes the time to carefully tilt Helm's helmet from the back so that it dips in front over his eyes. What a guy. Somewhere Sean Avery is smiling. [GIF]
- Weise isn't trying anything fancy tonight. Hard-nosed hockey. Message received.
- 4th line of Moen, Malhotra, and Prust just spent the most time of any other in the offensive zone.
- Mike Babcock is going to leave the Red Wings to coach the Leafs? It's so crazy it might just happen.
- Pacioretty thinks he's pitching for the Kansas City Royals.
- Trent McCleary's at the game, which only revived too many memories of Habs players almost dying on the ice.
- Fearless prediction: Gallagher will lead the league in goalie interference penalties by the end of the season.
- Clearly the Red Wings are waiting for Montreal to score first to deflate their chances of winning.
- RDS pans a sleepy Bell Centre crowd while announcing that the baseball game has had more action than this one.
- Markov just gave Datsyuk a little how-do-you-do crosscheck.
Abdelkader pots a loose puck off an awkward Zetterberg rebound that hit the post.
- Upon further review, that awkward rebound bounced off of Subban and crossed the line before finding Abdelkader's stick. Sigh.
- Habs might never score first this season.
- Oh boy! Chucky is ANGRY. Scrum ensues.
- Quincey started it. Habs to the PP.
- Parenteau hits a post (he's been hanging out with Bourque too much).
- Another scrum. Maybe there's enough fodder here for a rivalry.
- Quincey and Galchenyuk still mixing it up in the third period. Score too close to drop 'em, though.
- Weise is tonight's first? Kronwall victim.
- The Habs have been called for at least 17 offsides tonight. Habs might be winning without them.
- Rene Bourque finished a check!
- Emelin also gives Datsyuk a how-do-you-do crosscheck, which is obviously Russian for "How's that separated shoulder doing?"
- If this keeps up, there will be no highlights tonight.
- Someone needs to remind the Habs that they were eliminated by the Rangers in a 1-0 game not all that long ago.
- Datsyuk's shoulder looks just fine as he releases a spinorama backhand goal on Price.
- Good thing Abdelkader interfered, or this game would be as good as over. No goal. [GIF]
- Pacioretty flies through the air like superman. That's two for embellishment.
- Galchenyuk walks all over Kyle Quincey, literally, and nets a wrap around goal to end our misery. Hallelujah!
- This game just got real interesting with two minutes left. Both teams pressing for a regulation win. Those loser points add up quick.
- Sometimes Malholtra wins faceoffs so well the puck ends up back in the Habs zone.
- Gallagher has some words for Quincey as the buzzer sounds.
- Habs secure at least a point!
- Just when you're ready to ship him down to Hamilton or trade him for a bag of pucks to give Galchenyuk the #1 center role, David Desharnais wins a game in extra innings.
- Another comeback win for your 6-1 Habs, folks.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Maybe the Habs are showcasing Travis Moen?
2. IT WORKED!
1. Nostradamus here:
Not so fast, Datsyuk!
Galchenyuk walks all over his new arch nemesis Quincey before scoring:
Overtime magic from Desharnais: