- Highlights, discussion, and awesome gifs from last night's game vs. Colorado. [EOTP]
- It's in the story stream above, but everyone please re-visit P.K. Subban's goal also. I want that gif engraved frame by frame on my gravestone after I die. [EOTP]
- Do you enjoy the feeling of having four solid lines? And having a top line with chemistry? So do Brendan Gallagher, David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty. [Canadiens]
- (French) "Patrick Roy has a right to his opinion [...] This guy isn't God, and he wasn't the one who invented hockey either," says P.A. Parenteau, who did well against his old team yesterday. Patrick Roy didn't invent Corsi% or statistical regression either, but that's none of my business. [La Presse]
- Milan Lucic apologises for what he did. I'm sure it was sincere and from the heart. [Yahoo]
- Adorable if it's true. Can anyone dig up photographic confirmation?
#24CH just said the #Habs have a new tradition this yr - taking a team picture in the dressing room after each win. Never seen that before!
— HabsLinks (@HabsLinks) October 18, 2014
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Minnesota Wild started the season with 8 shutout periods, finally broken by Andrew Cogliano of the Anaheim Ducks. [SB Nation]
- Quote of the week from Tomas Hertl, of the San Jose Sharks. About Jaromir Jagr: "I like him because he's so strong and a strong skater. I strive to play the same style because I'm the same big [butt]" [NHL]
- Damn millennials are so weird, inflating their own egos and checking Twitter and questioning Maple Leafs' Randy Carlyle's coaching decisions. (No, really.) [The Star]
- Pittsburgh Penguins' Pascal Dupuis took a bad crosscheck during a game versus Dallas. Here's his injury report. [Pensburgh]
- Hockey history time; the NHL's first Saturday evening, 50 years ago, was quite busy. Montreal played New York, Toronto played Boston, and Chicago faced off Red Wings. [The Hockey Writers]