- The pre-game analysis isn't even about the Avalanche, so much as it is about Patrick Roy's career highlights. Patrick Roy lifting the Cup. Patrick Roy winking at the fans. Patrick Roy smirking gently as the interviewer suggests that he's Colorado's best goaltender now that Varlamov and Berra are injured.
- Avs score before Habs even get a shot on net. Oh sweet lord.
- My TV's closed caption provider interprets "Galchenyuk" as Gallon Cheng Yuk.
- The way that the announcers pronounce Tanguay and John Mitchell sounds like Kanye (West) and Joni Mitchell. A musical collaboration for the ages.(Free N---- in Paris? anyone?) From now on this entire TSM will be done using references to Joni MItchell songs.
- Colorado felt an Urge for Going at the Habs net, but too bad Carey was Raised on Robbery and leaves it denied.
- (Okay, I'll stop)
- Holy shit, everyone skates so fast.
- That's the kind of PK I want to see more often. Good hustle by the Canadiens, a sexy shorthanded attempt by Plekanec, and an invisible force field in place in the Habs net. #crossbar
- Were we this fancy with the passing last season? I think the Habs just traced out Van Gogh's Starry Night with their puck movement on PP.
- Pickard is playing great tonight. I love seeing rookie goaltenders do well.
- Subban scores from the blue line. Play by play guy momentarily forgets everything about physics and material viscosity and cries out "THAT SLICED THROUGH THE AIR LIKE HOT KNIFE THROUGH BUTTER".
- Markov enthusiastically hugging a stony-faced Subban needs to be gif-ed like, thirty five minutes ago.
- My 6 year old cousin is watching with me. "I think the hockey went over the fence," she informs me after witnessing a missed shot.
- Play by play guys: "Like Crosby, MacKinnon has incredible lower body strength, which is why he can accelerate so quickly with little space."
- My 6 year old cousin: "...he has a huge butt."
- That Galchenyuk goal has been coming for two periods. He's been hungry for the puck all night.
- Not to continue the physics lesson, but I'm sorry, TVA guys. Tomas Plekanec's play could not have been him "creating something out of nothing". Conservation of mass: classical mechanics says matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Even special relativity would need energy to be part of the equation.
- P.K. SUBBAN, BABY. That goal by itself should be worth at least $500K of that $9M contract
- Hat trick for P.K.? Please?
- So remember that time in Sochi when Team Canada scratched P.K. Subban and played Dan Hamhuis instead? On a scale of 1 to Gretzky sitting out the semifinal shootout in 1998, where would you place that decision?
- They re-showed the Sekac family reaction to his goal versus Boston. I feel his dad's excitement on a deep level, but that moment afterwards, when he awkwardly looks for a place to put his Tim Horton's coffee cup, I feel on an even deeper level.
- Crowd is chanting Subban's name.
- Crowd is chanting Price's name.
- It's that kind of night.
- Matt Duchene is having a career high in shots on net right now. With a bit more luck, this could have been Duchene's hat trick night.
- Jarome Iginla on that second Colorado goal: he's so fancy. I-G-G-Y.
- ALRIGHT MALHOTRA. If there's ever a time for you to win a faceoff, it's now, in the defensive zone, with 20 seconds left to go.
- He wins, but we ice the puck. I'm dying.
EOTP 3 Stars of the Night
Subban puts home a blast:
Galchenyuk has dangleitis:
On the 8th day God said let there be Subban: